Blood plalete 425

Hi @Marilyn thank you so much for sharing this. May I ask how you’re doing?

@jess, hope you’re doing okay today. Really glad to hear you’ve got support from your husband.

2 Likes

Thanks I’m doing pretty well at the moment.

3 Likes

Hi@Erica

I am really thankful and greatful for the support that i am finding in this group. You are all very helpful and understanding on the situation.

I hope you are well.

Jess

2 Likes

Hi @Marilyn I wish you well and I hope you are doing ok and tha your blood plateletes are under control.

Thank you so much for writing and for your comforting and kind words. I guess i panicked as I am new to this and it is all unknown. I blame it on reading too much Google that really made me anxious.

I am still waiting but I feel calmer today and just waiting the results.

I wish you well.

Jess

2 Likes

@Alice_BloodCancerUK

Thank you Alice i am tryng to keep myself busy at work and trying to think as less as i can.

I hope you are well.

Jess

1 Like

So glad that @Marilyn’s message offered you some comfort @jess . It’s totally understandable that you panicked and that you’re feeling so anxious. The waiting for results and uncertainty of what might be going on sounds really hard. Hope you’re feeling okay today.
Alice

2 Likes

Glad to hear it @Marilyn!

1 Like

Hi @Alice_BloodCancerUK I had my tests done last week Monday and the GP havent call me as yet ans I dont know why they taking so long. Its stressful. I was thinking to call them today but not sure

2 Likes

@Jess if you have any concerns don’t be afraid to give them a call to see if they have the results back

2 Likes

@Alice_BloodCancerUK i called them and they said the doctor will call to discuss the reaults tommorrow. Worried what the results will be

1 Like

@jess I’m glad you have some more information around when you’ll get your results. I imagine all this waiting has been really tough. If you want to talk to us before or after getting your results tomorrow please do give us a call as we’re here to support however we can.

2 Likes

@Alice_BloodCancerUK thank you so much for your support. I will let you know tommorrow.

1 Like

Hi @jess It is natural to be worried. All you can do is what helps me and write down your fears, thoughts, questions, symptoms and practicalities so you are prepared for the call and able to write down the replies. Spoil yourself tonight. We are all here for you and as @Alice_BloodCancerUK says the support line is also there for you so let us know how you get on.

2 Likes

@Erica Thank you so much for the support and the advice. I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi guys,

The doctor called me today and she said that the X ray and ultrasound results were fine and they didnt found anything serious, which is a reallt good news. However, she didnt say that they had to run anymore tests to investigate why my blood plateletes have elevated .She said they had done all they can and i did not have to do anything further, which i found rather strange as in the first call she sounded worried but now she said all is ok.

2 Likes

Hi @jess, well good news that the x ray and ultrasound, but the call has left you confused. Perhaps reading responses above and the doctor does not seem concerned that is just as your platelets are. Please keep posting how you are and spoil yourself.

1 Like

Hi @jess I’m so pleased to hear this. Are you feeling better and more reassured?
Do get in touch with your doctor if you feel you have questions that haven’t been answered for you, such as why they were initially worried but now they aren’t, as you’re well within your rights to feel informed around this. Did they speak to you about the sorts of things they were looking to rule out or confirm? Perhaps knowing more about this might help you to feel more reassured. Thanks so much for the update!
Alice

2 Likes

Hi Erica yes i am happy for the results. The call left me a bit confused as i thought they would get to the bottom of it. But she said we have done all we could, so i think i woll wait and watch for now. I have been booked for other blood tests by the end of next month so I will just try to not think for now. thanks so much for your support

1 Like

Hi Alice

She said that she has gone above and beyond and there is no need to run more tests. She said we have ruled out the existence of the ovaries or lung cancer now and that they dont need to check anything else.

I will leave it for now but i will chase up again as i think i have to right to know the reason of the blood plateletes being elevated whatever that might so i know where i stand. But she was firm the she had done more than she had to…

2 Likes

Hi

I can see you have had essential Thrombocythaemia for 7 years . I have just been diagnosed with it and I’m terrified. Any words of wisdom for me .
Frances

1 Like