Blood results recieved today

Hi I’m new to the forum. Recieved my blood results from doctors today
White blood cell high 10.7
Platelet count high 443
Red blood cell high 5.26
Had blood tests to check liver and kidney function as have a sharp stomach pain .I have bad back pain ,fatigue and aching legs .
My doctor has booked me in for repeat bloods in 4 weeks. He didn’t say much just have you been losing weight and asked about stomach pain . Do these results seem to indicate much to you pls

2 Likes

Hi @Samantha38 a warm welcome to the forum. It’s understandable you have questions around what these results might indicate. In case it’s helpful, this web-page has information around what normal blood count ranges usually look like - Blood cells | Blood Cancer UK It’s good to hear that your doctor has organised a follow up blood test for you, so that they can try to identify any trends in your blood results, which may give more of an idea around whether or not there is anything abnormal going on.
Did your doctor explain what they were trying to investigate/rule out with your next blood test? Don’t be afraid to get in touch with them before your appointment in 4 weeks, to talk your concerns through as you’re well within your rights to feel informed around your individual circumstances. If you have concerns around blood cancer, you might find this information page useful in your conversations with your doctor, as it discusses blood cancer signs and symptoms, as well as examples of questions that might be useful to ask - Blood cancer symptoms and signs | Blood Cancer UK
We’re here to support you if you want to talk this through further? Our support line number is 0808 2080 888 so please do feel free to get in touch.

1 Like

Hi @Samantha38 a great big welcome to our forum, @Alice_BloodCancerUK has given you a good response.
Yes, I have found that my blood tests fluctuate and that medical people take lots of different things into account when making a diagnosis or way forward.
It is very normal for medical people to prescribe further blood tests at intervals of perhaps anything between weekly to yearly. It is commonly called ‘watch and wait’ or ‘active monitoring’.
That doesn’t stop you contacting your medical people if you get further symptoms or your symptoms get worse.
What I did notice is your natural anxiety, that not knowing is the worst and I know my mind and emotions go into overdrive.
However you now have a new support mechanism around in us and the support line details, we are here to support you.
What I would say is to just look after yourself and even have some treats, oh, and keep posting. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi @Samantha38 and welcome to the forum. I can’t add to the advice you have been given by @Erica and @Alice_BloodCancerUK. I think it would be really useful to give the support line a ring - just to talk things through. It must be a very worrying time for you. It’s important to write down all off your questions and just as important to look after yourself at the moment. Please let us know how you get on X

2 Likes

when i received the results of my dad it was shocking. i didnt know how to react. it was all emotional. doctor suggested chemo and radiation. his health dropped during treatment .lost like 15 kg in a month. all that time was realy depressing… its hard for the person who have a cancer but even harder for the family of that person.
depression is most common in this situation.

2 Likes

there are many therapies for depresion. exercise can help in this . healthy food and daily routin.
best of the therapies is called expressive therapy for depresion.
expressive therapy for depresion

1 Like

Hi @vishalghatul1, welcome to the blood cancer community forum. We’re sorry to hear about your dad and can only imagine how you must be feeling. As you mentioned not only is it difficult for the patient but also for the family too. Seeing a loved suffering and going through treatment can effect people emotionally and mentally. You highlighted various therapies, are you accessing any of them? We are always here for you and your family if you would like to talk to our support service team about how you are feeling and what you are going through on 0808 2080 888.

Best Wishes
Bav

2 Likes

Hi @vishalghatul1 a great big welcome to our forum, we are definitely here to support not only the patients, but also family members, friends and work colleagues.
Yes, treatment can be gruelling for the patient, but I think as you say it is so hard to have to see the patient and be completely powerless to make it better.
You will have all the similar fears, thoughts, feelings and practicalities and trying to keep all the plates spinning as well.
Your feelings are so natural and normal.
It is so important that everyone looks after themselves emotionally and physically, how can you help another person if you are in a heap yourself.
Perhaps your GP or Macmillan service can advise on where counselling, self help and appropriate exercise programmes locally that might help you both are.
Take lots of care both of you and keep posting.

1 Like

Results can be really hard to understand as many factors can affect different things in your blood…and it’s really important to get medical advice about it…
I’d write down all your concerns or questions you want to ask so that your clear when you speak to a Dr or Haemotologist you understand what they are telling you.
There is some really good advice on this forum and people who can.point you in the right direction…
It’s hard to explain sometimes to.many people but at least here people can see were your coming from
I hope you get answers soon and we’ve all been.in your shoes at some stage …stay safe and take care.

2 Likes