Blood tests

Hi new here no diagnosis yet but blood tests say 13.5 white blood cell including neutrophils is 10.7 ? I’m so worried felt poorly for about 6 weeks weight loss fatigued told doc said not worried yet until white blood cell is 20 I’ve told them I’m not too well any advice please what were other peoples counts at diagnosis hope everyone’s as well as can be x also platelets 288 and lymphocytes 2.1 ?

2 Likes

Hi Donna
Can’t answer your direct questions as am not medical and each person and their symptoms and situation is unique
All I can do is empathise, it’s scary not knowing and I remember waiting for my questions to be answered.
I would write all your questions and worries down and return to your doc and being as pleasantly assertive as you can , as the lovely @Erica often advises , and ask the questions you need answers to and explain your worries
I hope you are okay

Take care

4 Likes

Hi thanks for your reply and yes that’s what I’m going to do it’s so scary when you just don’t feel right in yourself I’ve seen all different blood results high and low if it wasn’t for the weight loss I don’t think I’d be so worried and sometimes no appetite not really been out for weeks either due to anxiety and fatigue and tiredness hope you’re welll thankyou @Erica any advice non medical obviously

3 Likes

It is really scary , especially when you don’t feel quite yourself, I absolutely get that
Let us know how you get on
Take care

2 Likes

Thankyou and I will do take care too

3 Likes

Hi @Donna07 a great big welcome and I am so glad that you have found us.
@DottieB has given you a great reply.
You show so well how we are all special unique beings with individual medical histories.
You mention about your weight loss and sometimes no appetite and not really been out for weeks.
Don’t forget all tests are to rule conditions in or out. I often think we are like jigsaws
As we agree the not knowing and waiting are really horrible and scary.
Be really kind for yourself and please do let us know how you get on

2 Likes

Hi @Erica thanks for your reply yes we are all unique and I understand everybody at diagnosis have had different counts i am so scared at the minute I feel sick and can hardly function just not my usual self

2 Likes

Hi @Donna07 I think everything you have said and all your feelings are completely natural, please be really kind to yourself and just try and do nice diverting things, if you can xx

1 Like

Thankyou I’m trying just so anxious and cannot eat at the minute take care

3 Likes