Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukaemia (CMML2)

That sounds so terrible @Blackhat and we’d all be anxious in the same position. I hope that you get a positive outcome to relieve the stress that you’re feeling.

2 Likes

Thank you Franko,
I was supposed to get a copy of the referral,which I didn’t
I phoned Specsavers to get them to email me a copy.
It’s full of errors and contradictions and useless.
I asked to put my medical details which should be on record in the referral which weren’t included.
He issued me a prescription for new lenses but told me not to get it made up as the condition might improve in a few weeks??.
So why the referral.
I’m telephoning my GP this morning to put him in the picture.
In short, it’s a load of B*******
The prescription was fo lens with prisms incorporated, which I was incorrectly prescribed which Specsavers replaced FOC.
I had also in the past been prescribed glasses for driving, which on my next yearly test was told I didn’t need.
I’m usually seen by the manageress of the shop, I should have asked for her to see me as she is the only one who is competent.
I’ll be calling her this morning after I’ve spoken to my GP.

2 Likes

Please let us know how you get on with your GP and the manageress of Specsavers., please @Blackhat.

1 Like

Dear Erica,
I called Specsavers about my dissatisfaction which fell on stoney ground.
They looked up my referral and said my GP wasn’t sent a copy.
I had the copy in front of me and suggested she look at the start where it was clearly addressed to my GP.
The young lady said I hadn’t had a full eye test when it clearly indicates that I had, I’ve had many yearly eye tests with them so I know the procedure.
When I mentioned the contradictory errors and prescription issued.
They suggested I book another eye test?
I’m aware that I was being given the runaround from the word go.
Prior to my call to them the hospital phoned me with 2 appointments one after the other for 26/3.
First appointment with an Optometrist the second with a Consultant Opthalmologist.
I’ll wait and see what their findings are before I return to Specsavers.

3 Likes

Incidentally my GP hadn’t received a copy, probably because he wasn’t named in the referral ??

3 Likes

Hi @Blackhat, I hope the 2 appointments are OK on 26/3. Please let us know.
Life and sorting things out can be a real battle at times, just seen an advert on TV for Specsavers !!!

2 Likes

I’ve just read about easing of present lockdown restrictions. To start on I/4.
Opening of non essential shops and advice to stop shielding!!

I’ll ignore the advice to stop shielding as I did before.
Look what happened on the last easing of lockdown.

Certainly picked the appropriate date.
APRIL FOOLS DAY!!

2 Likes

Correction lockdown easing starts April 11th😱

1 Like

Hi @Blackhat, I am listening to Blood Cancer UK’s advice and my own common sense, like you. I feel like staging a sit in, but that is just my sense of humour !!!

We could have a protest march too…
When I was in my teens and a member of the CND I was arrested several times at sit down protests, also for breaking up single handed a street meeting organised by The National Front by the odious Colin Jordan. I had a large bag of tomatoes which I bombarded him with. I got pictured in the arms of a policeman on the front page of the News Of The World for that. My mother was enraged, I also lost my job for that, as I phoned in sick as I had to appear in court the day after. Several members of the staff saw it including my manager.
My mother was further enraged when I was banged up overnight on CND demos in Marlborough St police Station when she was woken up by the local police at 3am to confirm I had given the correct name and address on arrest.

2 Likes

@Blackhat, I really do await you memoirs on my Kindle !!!

1 Like

Had a couple of really rubbish days, with things not going well, and yet another appointment postponed and my son getting angry and shouty down the phone (because there is nothing he can do), and getting extremely cold waiting outside a surgery for 30 mins in cold bleak wind for a prescription that hadn’t come in (they said they would ring if it wasn’t in but they forgot). So I thought I’d come here for a hug. (Or a bad joke) xxx

1 Like

Yes, you have had a couple of really rubbishy days @ChrisCKW, make sure you are warm and cosy and spoil yourself and a great big virtual hug (you don’t want one of my bad jokes, trust me).

1 Like

:hugs:
Hug back Erica xxx

1 Like

That really is rubbish and very frustrating. I’m sure somebody is better at jokes than me. I’m an great at virtual hugs though! Sending one your way!

2 Likes

Hug back and thank you @Nichola75 x

1 Like

I think you’d prefer a hug than one of my jokes as they’re all bad! Hope you’re ok.

2 Likes

Thanks Franco (and everyone) I love the hugs thank you xxxx

Just a couple of days then I can ask haematology consultant about chemo dosage (it may be slightly higher than I need because of weight loss) and a couple more days then I can talk to the Transplant oncology consultant. (And then jump back on to chemo cycle)
Then a couple of days to second lonely lockdown birthday and Walk of Light.

Xx

2 Likes

A lot going on in the next few weeks! Any lockdown birthday plans?

2 Likes

Hi @ChrisCKW, I am just worn out reading what you have got going on, anyway hospital appointments take it out of me emotionally, physically and practically.
So take lots of care of yourself and you say a second lonely birthday, how can you make it special just for yourself.
Keep posting how you are, please.

1 Like