Covid positive help

Hi everyone. I had a SCT in Feb this year after being diagnosed with AML.
I was in hospital for 7 weeks and had covid swabs every week. I had 2 negative results and then tested positive.
As I go to hematology clinic every week I am tested for covid weekly.
I am still getting positive results after 8 weeks.

I understand that it’s because my immune system is non existent but wondered if anyone has experienced the same and how long it might be before I am clear

1 Like

Hi @Kath2539, a great big welcome to our forum and you have certainly posted at the right time.
It really must have been traumatic for you having a stem cell transplant and then the Covid lockdown.
It sounds as if someone in your medical team has told you that your test results are to do with your non existent immune system, but I wonder if you have asked them how long it might be before you are clear. It might be worth it for your peace of mind.
We are all here to support each other and if you would like to speak to someone you can contact our Support Services Team on 0808 2080 888 (10am-7pm Monday-Friday, and 10am-1pm Saturday and Sunday) or via email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk, How are you feeling about going into lockdown again and have you got any support?

Hi @Kath2539 and welcome. Wow, that’s a lot to deal with! I was just wondering how you are doing?

1 Like