Doctors appointment

I am worried about the haematologist appointment on the 19th of April, my blood platelets went down to 25 the last time I was in the hospital they kept me in overnight doing tests to find out why they were dropping. Obviously, my white blood cells were 7.5 which is expected, however, I have developed bone pain my right arm hurts with the slightest move and I feel tired every single day and it doesn’t matter how much sleep I have. I do have an appointment next week to discuss fatigue in another department.

3 Likes

Hi @jmattox89, we are complex beings aren’t we, but it also makes us anxious.
I am glad that you have an appointment next week to discuss your fatigue with another department and perhaps also talk about bone pain in your right arm and blood cancer.
Then discuss your fatigue and arm pain with your haematologist on the 19 Apr.
If you need to perhaps talk to your GP about your symptoms sooner.
Please let us know how you get on.
Look after yourself

3 Likes

Hi @jmattox89 sorry to hear you’re going through this anxious time. Have you called the haematology department to tell them of your new symptoms? If not, we’d encourage you to so they can do any other investigations they might want to do, and they might even want to bring your appointment forwards if they can. If you want to talk things through with us, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on our support line - 0808 2080 888. We’re here if there’s anything we can do to support you.

3 Likes