Fill in the blank... I care about Blood Cancer UK because

Hello everyone! I was hoping you might be be able to take 10 seconds to fill in the blank statement “I care about Blood Cancer UK, because…” there is no wrong answer, we’re simply looking for authentic audience responses. Thanks so much :slight_smile:

3 Likes

they care for me and they invest so much of their funding in carefully chosen research and trials, they campaign for all blood cancers, they support volunteer fundraising, their website is full of information, their forum is so supportive and the support services are also there to talk to.’

5 Likes

Thank you for such a considered response Erica! <3

2 Likes

They focus on funding research and providing support across all blood cancers, and are brilliant on spotlighting the needs of our community with politicians and the NHS.

6 Likes

Thanks @CaroleCW I forgot about the campaigning aspect I will add it.

2 Likes

Thank you Carole, so nice to read these words <3

2 Likes

I care about BCUK because they care about me and my family, they care about our experiences, they provide opportunities for learning, education and support, and the research they are involved in saves, transforms and extends lives. I care because they see and hear

7 Likes

Because they’ve been there since day 1. There isn’t a day I feel lonely with my incurable condition and that is purely down to the amazing people behind the charity with the amazing support, understanding, advice and empathy they bring!

6 Likes

Because they care about me, the whole me! Supporting and advising on my medical journey as well as my emotional one. The information they provide makes me feel knowledgeable and equipped to get through this journey in the best way possible :heart:

6 Likes

They have been an invaluable source of information to help me understand, manage and live with my Waldenström macroglobulinaemia (WM). Without Blood Cancer UK I would feel less empowered with coping resources, as my NHS consultant is largely ineffective!

4 Likes

Thank you to everyone who took the time to fill in the blanks, it’s really heart warming to see such considered responses which show the impact of our ongoing work together.

1 Like

I care about because from day 1 they have been an incredibly useful source of information and support for me and not only me , being a forum volunteer I see all the fantastic work the that Blood Cancer UK does to support hundreds of people every single day with blood cancer.

2 Likes

…the information and support is fantastic, especially on the forum. It’s a safe place to share experience and get understanding from professionals and shared experience from others. It helped me to feel less alone with my condition. Thankyou all.

2 Likes

Hi @astro12 welcome to our forum, thanks for the information about breast cancer.
If you do not mind me asking which Blood Cancer do you have or connection with blood cancer?
There is a lot of good information on the Blood Cancer UK website.
Take care and I hope to hear from you soon

1 Like