Follicular Lymphoma

For anyone who’s interested, it’s called, ‘A Guided Meditation for Bone Marrow Transplant Patients’ (I think) by Belleruth Naperstek. She’s an American health professional who produces hypnotherapy tracks to support various health situations. In America, they still tend to call SCTs Bone Marrow Transplants. It’s a bit pricey - it ranges from £10 to £25 online. It was available on Amazon, and an audio bookstore or two. I found it incredibly helpful. I listened to it every day in the weeks leading up to my Stem cell transplant. It’s quite an emotional track really - it uses the language of renewal and rebirth etc.

For other guided meditations/hypnosis tracks to promote your good health, look on YouTube under ‘health hypnosis’ or ‘meditations to support your immune system’ or ‘hypnosis to support cancer treatment’ etc, for free downloads.There are thousands to choose from. It’s best to listen to a few and choose the one which resonates most with you, visually, voice-wise and language-wise.

2 Likes

Thanks so, so much @Fullofbeans. Enjoy and chill out.

1 Like

I find I felt out of control since being diagnosed with FL and smouldering myeloma in September 2019. Which is really hard for a control freak like me. :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Hi @Limadi, I can really relate to your feeling of being out of control.
Yes, I think I am also a bit of a control freak, it gives me a feeling of security.
However my sensible head realises I only thought I had a sense of control, I just thought I knew how my life would span out.
Actually nobody knows what will happen in the future. I certainly could not have foreseen the last 2 yrs of Covid times !!!
Perhaps the difference is that many of us feel we are living with a ticking bomb inside us.
I was diagnosed 18yrs ago and the good news is that for me it has subsided over that time and perhaps my outlook to so many things has changed. Some people find that Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques help (CBT) others meditation etc.
Look after yourself.

1 Like

Hi, good to meet you Fullofbeans :slight_smile: yes visualisation is something I’m used to using. I am in awe of your outlook after spending 4 months in hospital, there must have been some tough times during that, I honestly can’t imagine going through that you must’ve had some tough times and if I was you I’d feel pretty unbeatable now some days. I hope your journey continues with positive outcomes and many days to that 100th birthday.

2 Likes

Hi Limadi,
Be patient and kind with yourself. I think we all have a degree of ‘control freakiness’ in us, this journey reminds us what is actually in and out of our control and you realise very little in life is in your control, makes you appreciate things more I’ve found. Have it all out with a pillow or a big box of tissues when it gets too much - don’t try to bottle it up. Keep posting.

5 Likes

Aw thank you, @Livingto100. There were some tough moments - but they were usually eased by the amazing staff, who could make me laugh no matter what, it seemed. You must have had your tough moments too - just hearing the words ‘blood cancer’ is tough. But at least the tough times make all other moments extra sweet in comparison. The next 50 years of my life should be delicious!

Yes, here’s to living that long and happy path to 100-years-plus! Cheers!

2 Likes

Yes, Cheers to you @Fullofbeans and everyone on our forum, a good way to start our week

2 Likes