Hard Lymph Node

New here… currently awaiting an ultrasound in two days for a lymph node behind my right ear that is hard like a bone. The past few months it has gotten bigger causing inflammation intonmy jaw ear and throat. I can’t stay off of google. Over the past 8 months I’ve lost 42 lbs but also had a lot of stress. The past few weeks my ear/jaw/neck pain had gotten substantially worse with obsessive sweating. After having no luck with my pain through over the counter medicine I went to the urgent care for blood work and referred to have an US due to my symptoms. My blood work has came back with a high MVP and Low Platelets. All others were within range.

1 Like

I am so glad that you have found us @Bhud3570
If I have understood you correctly you have had this problem over the past few months and it has been getting worse and causing more symptoms.
Have you seen a medical professional in this time and what did they say?
Your blood test results only show a high MVP and Low Platelets.
You await an ultrasound.
Unfortunately, I think you are in the waiting game which I find makes me so stressed and anxious. It is horrible.
Also perhaps it is best not to Google, although I know it is so difficult, but it only makes me so anxious.
Please do let us know how you get on.
In the meantime please really look after yourself and be kind to yourself.

Yes, DR has advised I have a 1.5 cm cervical lymph node on one side. She said the growth is likely the cause of the inflammation and pressure in my mouth.

1 Like

Hi @Bhud3570
In same position as yourself. Been google doctoring and worrying myself silly. I had noticed my right neck node was much enlarged. Called my team about three weeks ago as always they were fantastic and booked me in for an ultrasound.
The ultrasound seemed to show a very large node but they don’t think it’s is a problem. But they are going to biopsy just because of my lymphoma. So it would appear possible to have enlarged lymph nodes and not be a concern .
Your team will look into this I’m sure do keep us informed.
Jules and

3 Likes

Hi @Bhud3570,
A really warm welcome to our forum & thank you for sharing this with us all. I am so sorry you are going through a worrying time. I do hope you’re doing okay today?
It is great to hear that you have been appropriately referred to have further tests done but we know the wait to know more can be really hard.
Have i read correctly that your ultrasound is tomorrow?
As others have suggested, this period of limbo, whilst you wait for further investigations to be carried out, can be really difficult to manage and it can be really tricky to keep yourself distracted.
Google is often a great resource for many things but when it comes to health concerns it can all too easily lead us down a path of very negative inaccurate information so do try and limit your time on the internet as it certainly doesn’t hold the information of your own blood and ultrasound results.
Also please do know that if you need anyone to talk things through with our helpline is open 7 days a week- Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK

Best Wishes, Lauran

1 Like

Thank you Jules and Lauran.

My appt is in two days now. 11/30 @ 7pm. Thank you for the information. I’ve been extremely tired sleeping most of the time. Hoping time goes by fast to get my ultrasound. I just want to feel better ultimately for my littles and my husband.

2 Likes

Hi Bhud3570 I agree re the size and frequency of Lymph nodes.

After my last Covid Vaccines, I had large node under armpit, and some in neck. My Haemo man told me that was my Immune System kicking in. He did not seem concerned.

It has taken me four years since I was diagnosed with Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL), to come to terms with it, and not panic too much when something new happens.

It has been difficult, but it does get better. Many new symptoms, which I attribute to Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL), are in fact, side effects, to the various medication I am on.

I have paired them down to four, which are what I call ‘Anti Death’ Pills and, which I have to be take. (You have to laugh)

I do hope things improve for you, as I’m sure they eventually will. All the best Ron

2 Likes

Thank you Ron, understandably so. Wishing you good health and fast recovery.

2 Likes

Hi @Bhud3570 I have been thinking about you and just wondered how you are doing?
Look after yourself

1 Like