Hello - I’m new here! 😍

It’s so good to be part of this forum
Everything is so up and down at the moment
It will be lovely to chat and share
xXx

3 Likes

Hi @Snuze I am also glad that you have joined our forum, welcome.
Yes, my emotions have also been all over the place since March, so it is nice to know I am not the only one.
I have CLL and I was diagnosed in 2003, I have been a very lucky girl and I have been on ‘watch and wait’ or ‘active monitoring’ ever since. I have been shielding since March although since July I have been going for an early morning walk, all masked up.
However I had a great adventure yesterday and went for my flu jab at my GP’s, on the walk I really noticed the noise levels and the smell of fumes from the traffic.
They are now also doing routine blood tests now and the GP’s felt very safe for patients so I booked an appointment for next week.
If you don’t mind please tell us a bit about yourself.

Hi @Snuze. It’s great to have you. Be good to hear your story and share with you! How are you doing? X

1 Like

Hi @Snuze Welcome to the Forum. I was diagnosed with ET about 18 months ago, along with Budd Chiari which causes clots in your liver. I spent about 6 months last year at home and like @Erica have been stuck at home since March. I spent four days in hospital again in September as I had a bit of a blip and felt awful, but at least I know I don’t have COVID as they tested me. I love the forum as everyone is supportive and genuinely cares about each other. Look forward to getting to know you. Lou

2 Likes

Hi @Snuze. I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in 2018 and spent large chunks of that year and last year having treatment. I’ve been in remission for over a year and been in relatively good health and probably have about the best sickness record in my department which is slightly ironic. I was asked to shield in March but haven’t been able to follow all of the advice I was given as I live with 3 people who are neither friends nor family and have been going out the whole time and mixing with people in busy areas at busy times of day. I’ve been back at work since mid August after working from home since March. Welcome to our forum.

2 Likes

Hi @Snuze I echo the rest of our lovely forum members, it’s so good to have you join us. Please feel free to reach out for support on here and let us know you’re getting on. Like you say, there’s so much going on at the moment and it can feel incredibly overwhelming. How are you finding it all?

Su

2 Likes