Hello. I'm new here

Hello everyone,
I’m new here. I’m a grandma now in remission from Non Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

I look forward to chatting to you all here in the forum

2 Likes

Hi Cassie,

Welcome! How are you finding being away from your grandchildren? I have young boys who are desperately missing their granny!

1 Like

Hi welcome. I was also treated for a form of non hodkins lymphoma. It’s called CLL (chronic lymphocytic lukaemia!). Yes I know how can a Lukaemia also be a lymphoma? Confusing huh? Which is why I think we should mostly just say “I have blood cancer” or even I have “a lymphocyte blood cancer” which includes many of both the Lukaemias and the lymphomas.

The great news though is that you’ve had treatment. And that there are so many treatments for the different forms of blood cancer around and being developed. Much more hopeful these days.

Isolation isn’t easy at the moment is it. But at least we can keep each other company on here.

1 Like

Hi Cassie, you certainly have joined us at the right time, I think we might all have to support each other on this site. Yes, we all have blood cancers as @Adrian says and we all seem to share the same fears, anxieties, practicalities, thoughts and feelings. It is so hard to have families separated as @Goody says . Please keep posting how you are and what is going on for you and the wonderful Bloodwise support line details are above, they are obviously very busy. The main thing is that you stay safe.

@Cassie-1973 welcome to the forum! :smiley: I hope you are doing okay?

1 Like

Welcome and well done you on being a grandma. We look forward to chatting to you regularly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Cassie - welcome to the forum. I hope all is well with you and your family xx

1 Like

A big welcome to our online community @Cassie-1973. It’s good to hear you’re in remission. How are you doing at the moment?

1 Like