High blood platelets

Hi all

Yesterday I had a haematology apt, where my bloods are being sent off to a particular place, I was told results take approx 8 weeks. Bone marrow was mentioned but then it was said we’ll wait for the results.
Should I be worried?

1 Like

Hi,
I can’t say don’t worry that’s you and we all need to be respected and understood.
Bloods are a key source of information for the Doctors.
A Full Blood Count can give the essential data quickly but those seeking Immunology data go to special labs and need more time.

Enough of the boring techy stuff. I’m sure everyone on this forum has been there and understand. But many have been either clear or placed on ‘Watch’. I had my first Bone Marrow biopsy in 1984, treated for Lymphoma and still around moaning :slightly_smiling_face:. To be greedy I went on MGUS Watch and Wait for the last 10 years. Plenty of tests and treated for Waldenstroms Macroglobulinemia from last June.

My point is be positive what ever the results are. You’re not alone on this forum and I hope all goes well for you.

2 Likes

Hi @Wendy28 a great big welcome to our forum and I have found since my first blood tests there has been a lot of waiting and 19yrs on I still get anxious before and during all tests, results and appointments.
You ask if you should be worried, well if you are human I expect you will be anyway.
However blood tests are there to rule conditions out as well as in.
It is good that you have been told how long the results will take.
If you would like to talk to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line are on 0808 2080 888 and please let us know how you get on.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m trying to put it to one side until I get my appointment.
I’ll as positive as I can, keep doing ‘stuff’ to take my mind off it.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, I’ll be as positive as I can xxxxx

1 Like