How do I tell my son?

Hi @karencreasey, we are thinking of you and hope you get/got on okay talking to your son this weekend. I just wanted to emphasise that we’re here for you if you need to talk to someone (0808 2080 888 or support@bloodcancer.org.uk).

Best wishes,
Tanya.

2 Likes

Hi sorry have been away a while. Well I told my son and it was good. He came to a doctors appointment with me and heard from the doctor that things should be ok. He has been wonderful. I have been very depressed recently, coming to terms with everything and the worry of telling my beautiful boy. But one day at a time one hour at a time one minute at a time I will prevail. Thanks to everyone Love Karen x

4 Likes

Hi @karencreasey,
It is so lovely to hear from you. I am really pleased you have been able to have the support of your son and I’m sure it gives you huge comfort knowing he is up to speed and you can now be open with different aspects of your diagnosis.
I hope that taking that step and letting him into your diagnosis has inevitably helped you both to best support each other.

Do always know that we are very much here for you also and at anytime you need to simply talk things through- 0808 2080 888.

Do Take Care, Lauran

1 Like

It sounds like he is being a great support for you. Still so much to process though so use the forum and the support line as @LauranBloodCancerUK said when you need to x

2 Likes

Great to hear from you @karencreasey, I had been thinking about you.
It sounds as if you did brilliantly telling your son and including him at your doctors appointment.
I am really sorry to hear that you have been depressed recently, coming to terms with everything and the worry over your son, perhaps that is so natural to have thoughts and feelings whizzing around. it might all be the process of coming to terms.
@LauranBloodCancerUK has given you the Blood Cancer UK support line details and they are lovely if you need a chat.
Your doctor might be able to give you some ideas of help if you need it. I believe Macmillan cancer support have some services too.
Yes, even one minute at a time sounds good to me, really be kind to yourself and keep posting xx

2 Likes