How have or are people living on their own coping, or not, with lockdown?

Hi @Blackhat, whoopee I am back out walking, albeit around a very muddy recreational field, especially after football practice this morning.
I have done 2 laps for the last 3 days, it takes about 45 mins. I was doing 5 laps before, but I don’t want to really injure my leg again so I am trying to be sensible. I will work up to your great feat or feet.

That’s a great start @Erica!

1 Like

Sounds good Erica,
Like you I don’t want to injure my foot again, I had Plantar Faciitis for months and certainly don’t want that pain to return.
Keep walking :running_woman:

2 Likes

Whilst I have always shared houses with people, we live very separate lives and it’s much like living alone a lot of the time. I’ve valued to working part of the time on site instead of completely at home like earlier in the year. Tier 4 is going to be strange if it continues long term…

2 Likes

Hi @Franko, I think 2020 has been strange and who would have thought I would have adapted, but I have.
How are other people coping on their own?

1 Like

Many of you have no doubt overstocked on food etc expecting a large family gathering at Christmas, which sadly won’t now happen.
Don’t let the food go to waste!!
Donate the excess to the many charities that give support to the homeless and unemployed who won’t get enough to eat during this time of year.
The Salvation Army and Shelter and many other charities will be overjoyed and I hope overwhelmed by your generosity.
You won’t have the Christmas you anticipated but you will give some help
to people in need, who won’t have any Christmas at all.

1 Like

I did this last week. I always buy a bit extra so I can donate. It could really help a lot of people!

1 Like

Oh, @Blackhat, what an absolutely brilliant idea. All charities including homeless and unemployed charities have been really hit hard this year and also homeless and unemployed people have also been hit so much harder.
Also if you are safely going to a supermarket many have donation points for food banks there.
We are all one step away from being homeless.
Thanks so much.

1 Like