Is there anything you wish you'd known when you were first diagnosed?

Hi @Vindicatrix, I am really impressed with the way you have acted, civilly and with respect, and a good model for the rest of us.
Please let us know how the consultation goes with the consultant at the Western Infirmary and take care, thank you.

1 Like

We weren’t told or pointed in the direction of this forum either and I didn’t find it until my Dad was a few rounds into chemo. I immediately went onto the Macmillan website which is great but as this forum is for blood cancers alone, I think this would have been better for me from the beginning.

2 Likes

Morning @Janeyd. You’re right and it’s a really interesting point. I wasn’t either. I wonder how we could make it more accessible, advertising in GPs and hospitals etc to reach as many people as is possible.
@Bav.BloodCancerUK and @Alice_BloodCancerUK, how is the forum advertised?
Are you all well?

2 Likes

Are you keeping well @Vindicatrix?

1 Like

Hi @Nichola75, I’m good thanks. Hope you are too. Interesting, at the moment the forum is only advertised through our webpage and through our social media channels. We can take this back to our team meeting to discuss how we can make it more accessible in GP practices and within hospitals to ensure that both healthcare professionals and patients are aware. If there are any thoughts or ideas about how we can increase our reach more please do let us know.

Have a lovely Friday and weekend.
Bav

2 Likes

Hi @Bav.BloodCancerUK, @Nichola75 and @Janeyd pre Covid I used to supply my hospital and local GP surgeries but that is a bit of a piecemeal way of doing it. It would be good to be able to target all hospitals and CCG’s.

3 Likes