Recent Diagnosis

A blood cancer diagnosis at any time, can be hugely worrying and overwhelming for those diagnosed and their loved ones. But for many being diagnosed at this uncertain time, the Coronavirus brings with it its own questions and concerns for people who already have a lot to take in.
We thought it might be helpful for people newly diagnosed, to have a place to support each other through this and share practical tips.

2 Likes

Oh, Alice, how I wish I had had this place to post on a forum when I was recently diagnosed. We are all here to support each other on this forum.

1 Like

Recently diagnosed with Essential thrombocythemia and awaiting 2nd appointment which will now be done over the phone

1 Like

Hi @KevinM thank you for your comment. May I ask how you’re feeling at the moment?

1 Like

Hi Kevin, do let us know how you are, how the appointment goes and your thoughts about it. Take care as I remember being in shock after my diagnosis with my thoughts and feelings all over the place. This is the place that so many of us will understand as perhaps few others can.

Lovely idea @Alice_BloodCancerUK I can’t imagine how hard it must be to be diagnosed at this unsettling and worrying time. Sending much love and support to everyone xx

2 Likes

Such a difficult and emotional time, let alone everything else that’s going on at the moment. I hope your appointment goes well and you are getting all the support you need. We are here to help x

2 Likes