Kindness

Whilst I was in hospital, I had to cancel my beauty appointment, which was due to be a few days later. I’ve since been back and the ladies there are always so lovely and concerned about me since my diagnosis. On Saturday, I was in the supermarket and I got a call from the owner, checking in and she said they would like to give me a complimentary facial. How absolutely lovely is that? I’m going on Friday! :heartpulse:

9 Likes

That’s such a lovely story, showing just how kind people can be x

5 Likes

Hi @PollyVera, thank you for taking the time to share this. It’s wonderful to hear it and I hope you very much enjoy your facial!

Best wishes,
Tanya.

5 Likes

Oh @PollyVera what a really heart warming story, it’s made my day and thanks for posting it.
Have a wonderful time on Friday,

5 Likes

There really are some lovely people aren’t @PollyVera -when I went to the hairdresser for the first time after my hair was just growing back my hairdresser cut and coloured and styled it completely free of charge for me. She wanted to do something nice for me and thought that this would be a nice thing to do.

I wonder what other tales of kindness there are out there as it does make you feel good to hear of them doesn’t it?

6 Likes

It would be lovely to hear any other stories of kindness :blush:

4 Likes

Hi @PollyVera @Nichola75 @TanyaBloodCancerUK @Jules when I was having an operation for skin cancer on my head and they were taking a skin graft from my leg to cover the wound this lovely nurse asked if I was warm enough and if I wanted another blanket and I said ‘yes, please’ and she came back and wrapped a warmed blanket around me, it was bliss and I have never forgotten the gesture.
I think the NHS is wonderful and so caring.

3 Likes

@Jules That is so lovely. It really warms the heart :purple_heart:

2 Likes

@Erica isn’t it amazing how even a seemingly simple gesture can fill you with a warm fuzzy feeling :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

That’s lovely @Erica X

1 Like

One of my closest friends often sends me a text message saying ‘I know it’s hard but I think you’re really brave!’ It gets me every time. This year she sent me a key ring for my birthday saying the same thing. Every time I pick up my keys it makes me smile X

5 Likes

Hello everyone. What lovely stories. I am having to wear an supportive air boot on my fractured foot and I lost one of the small plastic protective caps on the side of the boot. It fell off whilst I was out at the hospital. I rang the manufacturer to get a replacement. She said we don’t sell them normally but I will send you one for free. True to her word, it arrived on Tuesday. So grateful! Warm wishes, Willow X

5 Likes

Maybe a completely different scenario but one of my mum’s old friends has come to our door (I’m in Ireland as things deteriorate very fast with my lovely dad) with a freshly cooked meal and a bag of potatoes (it is Ireland!). She just said “theres nothing i can really do to help whats happening but i can do this”. Neither mum nor i could speak hardly. She’ll never quite know what that gesture means. My every good wish to you all

5 Likes

Hi @judesadventures what a lovely gesture during such difficult times for you all.
Sending you and all loads of virtual hugs and love xxx

2 Likes

@judesadventures @Willow @Nichola75 - kindness presents itself in so many ways :sparkling_heart:

Just to say that my facial was heavenly - an hour of bliss. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Oh @PollyVera how absolutely wonderful and very well deserved

3 Likes