Merry Christmas

One thing we are all guilty of is comparing our suffering to others. I have learnt that although hard, we shouldn’t. The way you are feeling is valid so please, if you need to before Tuesday - give the Samaritan a call :blush:

4 Likes

@oleconchi, I’m so sorry you’re suffering as you are. Please never suffer alone - use one of the support lines above, or talk to everyone here. I’ll be thinking of you, and hope you get a response and a solution soon. X

5 Likes

Sorry…all of us wish we could help you.

I do hope that you get some help.

4 Likes

So sorry that you’re struggling @oleconchi. All I can offer is to say that many times I, and probably most of us here, have felt hopeless and frightened, but ultimately got through it only to look back at the bad times with gratitude that they’re behind us. Things don’t always get better, let’s not kid ourselves or patronise anyone, but when they do you do get a newfound sense of marvel that you’re still here, singing a song, holding someone’s hand, laughing at a sitcom.

Stick in there my friend.

4 Likes

How are you doing @oleconchi? You been in my thoughts. :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Nichola (and all you kind people).
I am still struggling with the nasty symptoms . I have tried all sorts of things to try and “control” them with my mind. I wake up in the morning and I say **please, nasty torment, let me have one day of freedom and peace and joy. I play my music which is my biggest comfort, I dance, which until recently was my hobby, I talk to my doggy …I am a dog lover. He looks at me with those sad spaniels eyes …love him! if he could he would take my pains away.
I have tried several times to talk to the Samaritans, but it has not been possible, all the lines were busy. I will try again.
Sometimes, I get the nasty burning/itching for several days in a row and then I have two or three days without them! It is like some kind of build up inside me. I am due to some rest, fingers crossed, as my daughter and 2 granddaughters are coming to stay tomorrow for 3 days.
Thank you, my friends. I will keep in touch . Love to you all. xx

5 Likes

Hi @oleconchi yes, please persist with The Samaritans when you need to.
I really hope that you can enjoy your time with your daughter and 2 granddaughters, keep it simple they are coming to spend time with you, nothing else matters.
Your music and your spaniel sound the most therapeutic things in all the world…
Lots of love to you too xxx

4 Likes

Hi @oleconchi. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. It’s such a shame you couldn’t get through. The support line opens tomorrow so perhaps you may be able to them a call before your celebrations start.
I hope the symptoms let up for a couple of days so that you enjoy your time with your family.
Take care and please keep letting us know how you are doing :blush:

4 Likes

Hi @oleconchi, thank you for opening up and sharing what you’ve been going through here. I’m so very sorry to hear how difficult things have been for you and how much you continue to struggle with your symptoms. I will send you a private message on here now, too. We are thinking of you.

Best wishes,
Tanya.

6 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone, hope everyone has a great new year! Hear if you want to talk :heart::heart:

2 Likes

How are you doing today @oleconchi?

2 Likes

Hi @Leonardo1993. How has your Christmas been?

1 Like

Hi Nichola 75
I am not doing well at all, sorry to have to say.
I have just tried to contact a mental health website , giving to me by Tanya, one of the volunteers at Blood cancer Support. I know that the daily constant agony I am suffering, is affecting my mental health. I don’t recognise myself and all I can think of is how to end my suffering. I want to go to sleep and never wake up. In fact, I cry when I wake up because I know what’s coming. My whole body is burning under the skin at this moment. I have had it since 6 o’clock this morning. It is now 4,30 in the afternoon. I have taken a long walk, I have taken double dosages of antihistamines…all to no avail.
Thank you again for your support. I appreciate it more than I can say.

3 Likes

I know it seems to be the normal for you, but what a horrible day you have had @oleconchi.
I am sure that it is affecting your mental health and let’s hope after tomorrow, which is a bank holiday, services return to their normal.
Yes, we are all here supporting you virtually and you are constantly on our minds.
Perhaps it is so easy for me to say, but try to just take it a minute, an hour, a few hours, a day at a time with the support of us and your family around you.
I am sure that you have had these thoughts before, forgive me, but here is the link from Blood Cancer UK
Blood cancer: mind and emotions | Blood Cancer UK and perhaps your GP or hospital might help with local services.
Please keep posting

2 Likes

Oleconchi i am sooo sorry you r feeling so unwell at the minute. I hope you can get some assistance from the medical teams to relieve your symptoms. All i can do is send you big hugs and a barrowful of love with all the rest in this forum.

2 Likes

Hi Oleconchi,
Sending you best wishes and thinking of you often.
Grandma Jo

2 Likes

Thank you all. Sending love and and best wishes. xx

3 Likes