MGUS or SMM

Hi@Nichola75,thats so true its like “an unwanted item in the bagging area”

1 Like

Hi there, many thanks for your message, its just you wake up is today my on going back pain spine chest pain, going to give up
I totally understand NHS is dealing with backlogs, but sooner the better for MRI scan and chest xrays.
Best wishes in your recovery
Kev

2 Likes

Morning, thankyou unfortunately still waiting Appointments for scan and xrays.
Give end of the week before touch base with my Dr
Thanks again

2 Likes

Hi there,
Awaiting hospital scans at the moment

2 Likes

Hi @Karin ,thats good to hear your XRays are done and that your pain is less .I know exactly what you mean about MGUS being always in the background just never knowing
What it is up to ,and that you are usually a" calm" person .I must admit i think my calm persona dissapeared out the window when I had the first investigations but its really helped having the forum to make sense of it .I listen to the meditations on BCUK the 5 minute one does the job for me plus I do other things to take my mind off it .
Thats great youre having bloods done again in a few weeks, itll give you and the Drs a better idea of whats happening .Mine are every 12 weeks and I have an MGUS diary from Myeloma UK which is useful to write the results in .
Meantime I hope you are enjoying the sun . :sun_with_face:
Bannanacake

2 Likes

Hi @Karin and @Bannanacake yes, my calm persona escaped out the window at my diagnosis too and I still get anxious before and during all medical tests and appointments and that is 18 yrs on.
My memory also escapes every time I walk into a medical setting and that is why I have to write everything down I want to cover.
Have you got any updates for us and how are you feeling.
Look after yourselves and be ever so kind to yourselves

2 Likes

Hi@Erica ,no updates from me apart from I had the phone call from the Neurologist I initially saw in 2018 ,she was the one who started the MGUS trail so i hadnt spoken to her since its been "growing " and her response was its a low level which reminded me of the Tony Hancock blood donor episode ",It might only be a drop to you but to me its nearly an armful "I laugh everytime . It may be a low level but its not that low and it doesnt take away the fact that I am on watch and wait ,So to get to the point she is going to see me in in Clinic but is on leave now and so far the appointment hasnt been made so thats something ill follow up next week.The booster vac has slowed me down affecting my neuropathy and feeling I want to go to sleep standing up!! but I have been taking
Your advice ,being kind to myself
Smile :blush:
My next bloods are 24th May so a few weeks yet.
We spent the weekend tidying away after our UK Grandchildren Daughter Husband were here the week(they stayed elsewhere )and on the Friday spent a lovely day at the beach with a walk by the sea ,my favourite place.Thank you for asking @Erica
Hope that you are enjoying the :sun_with_face:
Bannanacake

1 Like

So glad you are being kind to yourself. We all
Need to do a bit more of that! :blush:

2 Likes

Oh @Bannanacake I love the Tony Hancock programmes, especially The Blood Donor, an absolute classic.
Your Friday on the beach with your grandchildren sounds absolutely lovely, I am not surprised that it is your favourite place, I think it would be mine too.
Although when I was walking along the river towpath I did think how lucky I was and that it was the best place in all the world.
Aren’t we so, so lucky

2 Likes

Hi@Karin,just wondered how you were doing if youve had the blood tests repeated and hope your xray results are ok ?

2 Likes