Welcome back!

New to group with PV and would like to hear from others

Hi, I am new to this site, I was diagnosed in 2018 with Polycythemia Vera and am currently on Hydroxyurea and various blood pressure meds. It was a bit of a shock at my age (75yrs) and I do not know anyone else that I can chat to when problems arise and they do, especially side effects. Thanks for letting me join the forum

2 Likes

Hi @jinx we are honoured that you have joined our forum, we are very much about supporting each other.
However if you would like to talk to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you. There is also a lot of helpful information on their website.
There are others on this site with Polycythaemia vera (PV) and hopefully they will find you. I hope you do not mind that I have slightly changed the title of your post.
It certainly is a shock when we are first diagnosed and I remember feeling that I was the only one in the world in my situation.
It felt a very lonely time and I could not explain to others what I did not understand myself.
Please keep posting I would like to hear more about you.
Look after yourself

@jinx

Hope you’re ok… and having a nice weekend

I was diagnosed with Polycythaemia vera (PV) in Aug 2020 and happy to compare, answer questions or be a Polycythaemia vera (PV) buddy

2 Likes

Hi, a bit sore at the moment, has a suspicious mole removed yesterday but apart from that I am fine. It is good to speak to you, if you need a listening ear I am here. Hope your weekend is ok.

2 Likes

Good to hear things are going ok

2 Likes