Pharmacy4U problems

Hi everyone
I’ve seen on other topics people mentioning the pharmacy4u services
Unfortunately I have not found this service to be very good at all and that was before the covid outbreak. I’vIve had several friends that have also had major problems. My first prescription took 2 months and I ended up having to get my prescription s from my GP after all. After 6 months I gave up and went back to a local chemist

All I can say is my local well known pharmacy was not reliable and there was always something I was given a bit of paper for to come back at a later date. In the end I walked with my feet to a nearby independent pharmacy and they have always been brilliant. Why didn’t I move earlier?

Hi @Olive21, I’m so sorry to hear that it wasn’t the experience you had hoped for. I hope you are okay, how have your local pharmacy been?

@Erica that’s sounds so frustrating for you, but hope you’ve continued to find the independent pharmacy helpful?

1 Like

Hi, one of my local chemists was very good but then because of Brexit had a lot of problems with supply.
I moved to a supermarket chemist, in my case, Tesco. They have been fantastic and my carers can collect my meds when they do my shopping. I’m now on first name turns when o can do it myself. They go the extra mile to help me out

2 Likes

They also have a text service that tells me when my meds are ready. My surgery sends prescriptions electronically and they’re ready and waiting. Very rarely so I have to return for an item

2 Likes

@Olive21 that’s good to hear! They sound so supportive, and I can only imagine it does help take some pressure of you?

1 Like

I had all sorts of problems with my local branch of Lloyd’s so switched to Pharmacy2U. And it is the best thing I have done. Especially with lockdown. I have about 20 items on repeat for numerous problems including diabetes high blood pressure arthritis and the just goes on. So having them delivered by the postman every 2 months is a godsend. I think you must have been unlucky picking pharmacy4you. There are quite a few companies that provide this service so I would recommend you try another. It has to be safer than an unnecessary visit to your local pharmacy. Good luck

2 Likes

Hi, @Jill, a very warm welcome to our forum. Personally I think it is a really good time to feel part of a supportive forum of people who understand me, as sometimes family and friends cannot. I feel in an isolated bubble here so the forum is so useful. I look forward to hearing more about you, stay safe.

Hello @Jill, welcome to our online community! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences about Pharmacy2U which I’m sure others will find helpful to know about. It’s really good to hear that you’ve found a service that’s so reliable for you :slight_smile: How have you been doing during the last couple of months?

1 Like