Problem with Lymphoma nurse

Hi everyone, does anyone else have issues with their lymphoma nurse? He dismisses everything I tell him and always says that the infections I get (I’ve now been on 15 antibiotics and 4 lots of steroids in the past year) have nothing to do with my lymphoma or he puts how I’m feeling down to my PTSD. I argue my point but he’s very arrogant, he’s not a consultant so I’m confused as to why he is making decisions.

3 Likes

Oh @Adman a difficult one as it is so important to feel heard, respected and feel cared for by your medical team.
I suppose you could ask your consultant to change your lymphoma nurse.
I will copy your post to the Blood Cancer UK nurses for their thoughts. @BloodCancerUK_Nurses
Look after yourself

1 Like

Dear @Adman
I am really sorry that you are going through this. The amount of steroids and antibiotics is significant and is something that your Haematology team should be aware of. I agree that you should inform them. When are you next speaking to your Consultant? It may be worth a conversation at this point. Alternatively, you can speak to your GP about your concerns in taking antibiotics so frequently.
I will send you a leaflet I have found if you would like to take this forward (direct message).
Take care
Gemma

4 Likes

Hi @Adman.
It must be really difficult to be dismissed all of the time. That shouldn’t be how it works. I can see you have good advice from @GemmaBloodCancerUK and @Erica .
Please keep us updated on how you get on.

3 Likes