Rare blood/ bone marrow cancer Mylofibrosis

Heading quickly to stem cell transplant.
I have a aggressive mutation with poor prognosis.
Very lucky to have found an unrelated 100% donor.

Giving up work and facing the stress of chemo, stem cell and isolation.

Things just got real, fast x

1 Like

A great big welcome @avonbridge4 it really comes over how you feel on a whirlwind of thoughts, emotions, practicalities and reality.
Yes, you are lucky to find an unrelated 100% donor.
Yes, chemo must be so stressful and scary because it is unknown and the isolation could be difficult for you too, but it is in the short term and for the greater good.
We will be here to support you and if you would like to talk to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you, please use us and also tell your medical team how you are thinking and feeling, they are also there for you.
Take care and be kind to yourself

1 Like

Hi @avonbridge4,
I am so pleased you have found us. I’m sorry to hear what you are going through. Please do know should you wish to talk anything through please do know that our support service team are always on hand for you- Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK.
I would imagine life right now is a rollercoaster and you are likely busy with appointments and no doubt have lots of questions on many things.
May i ask have you started chemotherapy yet?
Apologies if you already have been supplied with this, but in case it is helpful we do have a 7 steps booklet which might be useful in the planning of your transplant & also facilitate some conversations or questions for your transplant team- Blood-stem-cell-bone-marrow-transplants-seven-steps-seven-0617.4.pdf (shopify.com). This can also be ordered for delivery in the mail should you prefer.
Also do know should you wish to talk anything through about the practicalities of stopping work and financial support- we can also help with this.

Do Take Care, Lauran

1 Like

@avonbridge4 I’m so sorry you’re going through what sounds like such a tough time. I just wanted to make you are of this thread here, as you may find people who are in a similar position to you right now - Awaiting or considering or had a stem cell transplant, a place to share here - Going through treatment - Blood Cancer UK Forum

2 Likes

All the best. Hope it goes well

1 Like

Hi @avonbridge4 I have been thinking of you, how are you doing now?
Be kind to yourself