Red pin prick spots

Hi All. Was just wondering whether anyone else on watch and wait had experienced tiny red pin prick spots appear on their skin with Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL). I was diagnosed last September at 44 and was wondering if I should see my GP about this. I have routine blood tests on Wednesday but concerned at this as did the silly thing and consulted Dr Google who said it could be a sign the Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) is worsening x

1 Like

Oh @Pickle23 perhaps best to divorce Dr Google.
Great timing that you have your routine blood tests on Wednesday and perhaps when the results come back see your GP then.
I have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) and I am on watch and wait and I do have those on my lower legs in the summer when I walk too much in the really hot weather and they come and go occasionally and they are just a heat rash.
Please do let us know how you get on and really look after yourself.

1 Like

Thanks for replying. My spots don’t fade unfortunately, I will make an appointment with my GP I think. Just feeling a bit under the weather and not feeling right. Worried something is going on x

1 Like

Hi Pickle 23,
My situation started with red spots on legs. Initially referred to dermatology they diagnosed skin cancer!. I insisted on a biopsy which showed it was spots of blood. (Thrombocytopenia) this was in May 22. Previously blood tests were abnormal but then returned to normal. Anyway referred to HAEMOTOLOGY last October with abnormal blood tests again.Wasn’t diagnosed until May 23 after a bone marrow biopsy. It was decided to take me off blood thinners due to low platelets last April. Within a couple of weeks all thrombocytopenia had disappeared for the time being. My Chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia (CMML) is stable at the moment and quite honestly I feel great. Platelets are low but other cells are quite reasonable. Seems Chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia (CMML) is quite rare and I think it’s good to know how others are coping with the diagnosis. I have received tremendous support from all the others who post and blood cancer uk. Keep positive.
Best wishes
Unclejack.

2 Likes

Hi @Pickle23
I get them too, but dont have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) Like @Erica tends to be in warm weather, just above the ankle. Saw a nurse last time and she diagnosed urticaria!

Best wishes
Helen

1 Like

I have several of these tiny spots mainly on my torso, to be honest I don’t worry about them, they seem insignificant compared to other symptoms.