Second Auto SCT - Has anyone had a second stem cell transplant?

Hi all, I have recently learnt that my cancer is back and a second Auto SCT has been recommended. I always said I wouldn’t have another one if the “window” from my first one wasn’t particularly successful. It was 3 years.

I would really appreciate learning from people’s experiences having gone through a second SCT, the good, the bad and the ugly and also what (if any) other routes people took. You can read all you like but there’s nothing like hearing it from those who have been through it.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Hopefulness, a great big welcome to our forum, true there is nothing like hearing from people who have been through the experience and hopefully you will.
I have not been through the experience but I have also found in differing circumstances that we often seem to share similar fears, thoughts, feelings and practicalities.
I do like to write a list of questions before an appointment and the could include my fears, thoughts, feelings, symptoms medical history and practicalities.
We are always here to support you whatever route you decide.
If you would like to speak to someone you can contact the Support Services Team on 0808 2080 888 (10am-7pm Monday-Friday, and 10am-1pm Saturday and Sunday) or via email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk.
Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you for your warm welcome and useful advice Erica.

1 Like

Hi @Hopefulness and and welcome to the group. This is a great place to share and learn from others. It sounds like you’ve been in a journey the last few years. Can I ask what diagnosis you have? As @Erica has said, the support line can also be so helpful. I have no experience of this but I hope others will be able to offer their experiences :blush:

1 Like