Has anyome had stem cell graft failure?

Hi. Have any of you had a stem cell graft failure? If so how soon in did it happen and what did your team do?

4 Likes

A great big welcome @charlieb I cannot help you, but I hope that that someone can.
it must be such a really horrible thing to happen, I am so sorry.
I believe since my diagnosis I have been on an emotional rollercoaster.
We are all such unique beings that perhaps one persons experience is not the same as another’s.
Personally, I would write down all my fears, questions and practicalities and talk to my consultant or transplant team
I will copy your post to the Blood Cancer UK nurses
@BloodCancerUK_Nurses
The Blood Cancer UK support line is also there for you on 0808 2080 888
Personally I think the most important thing is for you to really build yourself back up as you have have been through a lot medically, emotionally, psychologically, fitness wise and practically.
Please do keep posting how it is for you.

1 Like

Hi @charlieb
Welcome to the Forum - thank you for posting, it’s often a difficult step for people, but can be helpful when others share their thoughts and experiences on here.
Do you mind me asking if you yourself have had a stem cell transplant or someone you know? Which blood cancer was this for? Transplants are so complex and individual.
Has there been a discussion with the Haematology team around this?
Please know that there is lots of support out there if you need it, and you can call our support line to discuss any other questions you may have, at any point in time: 0808 2080 888.
Best wishes, Heidi.

3 Likes