Slow decline of neutrophil count

Hi everyone
I’m coming up to 5 years post transplant for Acute myeloid leukaemia (AML). In the last 6 months my neutrophil count has been dropping very slowly. Currently at 1.1, was 1.4 in October but was always above 2 before that. All my other blood results are perfectly normal and I feel good though somewhat anxious hearing this.My consultant doesn’t think it’s relapse this far out from transplant but thinks it could be the bone marrow has been affected by all the chemo I had. If it goes below 1 she wants me to have a biopsy to have a good look. Treatment could be a top up of my donors cells. Has anyone else experienced this so far past transplant.

2 Likes

Hi @parkrunmark, good to hear from you again, but sorry that you are concerned about your neutrophil count.
Yes, I think my thoughts and emotions have been on high alert since my diagnosis and that anxiety kicks in so quickly, especially when I get my blood test results, so I think it’s very natural.
It sounds as if your consultant has a contingency plan.
I hope someone might be able to share their experiences.
Please do keep us posted and the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you on 0808 2080 888.
Really be kind and look after yourself