Stay strong everyone

Just want to say to everyone stay strong & #FightTheFight I am with you guys all the way. #UGotThis & stay safe

1 Like

Hi @anon06, have you any handy tips to staying strong?

1 Like

Good old fashioned will power. Think about what motivates you eg your family. Think about how nervous you are and turn it into strength. Just never stop believing. I wish I could say more hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi @anon06, a good philosophy.
I am lucky enough to be quite a positive person, a glass half full girl, a ā€˜can doā€™ and I have a strong willpower etc.
However my sister who was brought up exactly the same as I was has struggled since she was little. She really finds life so hard and that is even with professional help.
She really does try to change her thinking and doing, but it is a never ending battle for her.
Thanks for your tips, has anyone else got any?

2 Likes

Self belief and a sense of humour.
Most importantly donā€™t ever think of yourself as an invalid :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Oh, @Blackhat, I like it !!!

I forgot to mention NEVER WEAR BEIGE, wear bright colours always, it will draw attention to you and make you feel good!!
Years ago I went to the Faversham Hop Festival, I was wearing an ankle length leather coat, red shirt and a black fedora.
A woman approached me and said ā€œ I thought you were someone famousā€ I gave her my autograph.
2 women at the clinic asked for my phone number a couple of years ago.
Did wonders for my ego!!

1 Like

Will power and bright clothes - that the way to go!!!

1 Like

Hi @Blackhat, I hope you have hats in many different colours to go with your outfits.
As for the woman at the Faversham Hop Festival, I had to laugh, ā€˜I thought you were someone famousā€™ and you gave her your autograph.
You might not be famous in her terms but you certainly are a very special, unique person.
It also seems you cut quite a figure at your clinic. If your ego gets too big your hats wonā€™t fit.
I always think of the Jenny Joseph poem - Warning

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesnā€™t go, and doesnā€™t suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say weā€™ve no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when Iā€™m tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other peopleā€™s gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

You will be glad to know that I am practicing.

1 Like

Good for you Erica, last week at the clinic I was wearing my deerstalker, that got a few comments, ā€œyou know my methodsā€
Bowler hat next cycle 1st week in January.
I see we are all now in tier 4
At last the Fat Controller has made a sensible decision.
Tiers before bedtime ( I had to say that):clown_face:

2 Likes

Hi @Blackhat and I have to say this ā€˜Tiers for Fearsā€™ !!!

Even better, wish Iā€™d said that

2 Likes

Was it Ozzy Osbourne who sang ā€œNo more tears?ā€ Please no more TIERS! Warm wishes to everyone! Keep smiling if you can. Willow X

2 Likes

Like most people with Slavic blood in them, I can be a miserable sod at times but I find that adversity brings out the best in me and Iā€™m an adaptable soul when I need to be.

3 Likes

Wow @Franko, I like it, how is everyone else out there doing?

My Medical Practice has started the vaccine programme.
I had a text from them at the beginning of December telling me I would be invited to be vaccinated.
The risk of infection has increased exponentially and I assume that the vaccination process has been accelerated as a result.
They are at present dealing with the 80 year olds, the mother of my good friend is having hers next week.
As Iā€™m over 75 and clinically extremely vulnerable people in the same category as I are next in line.
My Haematologist advised me today to take it when offered, which I intend to do.
I await with baited breath.
Iā€™ll keep you all informed when ā€œVā€ day arrives.:+1:t2::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Please keep us updated!

1 Like

Iā€™ve just received a letter from my NHS trust advising me when offered the vaccine I should follow the advice as given with the flu vaccine.
Thatā€™s arranging to have it when at the end of the chemotherapy cycle close to my pre chemo blood test when my blood levels are at their optimum and my immune system is at its strongest.
It also advised that I should continue shielding, I havenā€™t stopped shielding since March!!!

1 Like

Sounds like youā€™ll be getting it soon! Fingers crossed. I hope youā€™re still wearing your bright and colourful clothes!

1 Like

Sounds hopeful. Good luck!

1 Like