The Friday Forum Jukebox Club!

Thanks so much @Duncan very apt words.

WALK - The Four Seasons - Walk like a man - Walk Like a Man (youtube.com)

FOREST - Eva Cassidy - Tall trees in Georgia - Tall Trees In Georgia (youtube.com)

Everyone doing the Walk of light have a brilliant time and thanks for fundraising

2 Likes

Aww thank you, dear @Erica, I love your taste in music!

1 Like

Well in light of how you will be walking after next week :wink: it has to be the Bangles

Other sponsored walks are available :slight_smile:

Forest, well it has to be from Jethro Tull, who outsold Led Zep in their hay day, Ian Anderson is a wonder to see live.

2 Likes

Well I’ve done both of these this morning as I’ve been on one of my regular walks with my Nordic Walking New Forest group - walking among the lovely forest and moors of the New Forest.

Walk this Way by Aerosmith

Trees by Mario Lanza

3 Likes

@CaroleCW Oh please tell us there is video of you doing the DMC walk to this song through the trees :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Unfortunately not!! Good idea for a TikTok video though :rofl:

3 Likes

This does both:

6 Likes

@BobK99 LOL I was sooo close to picking this one too for the same reason

2 Likes

Oh @BobK99Thanks, I just could not remember the whole name of this record or Horst’s name. You have made my day !!

2 Likes

Glad to oblige (and at so little expense)! :wink:

2 Likes

I trust people have well and truly eaten their five a days worth of fruit wrapped in a hot cross bun or three today :wink:
Walk of light tomorrow, so once more a place of inspiration for today’s themes,
Light
Horslips Sideways to the sun

Science
Landscape Einstein A Go Go

No over doing the chocolate even though it is part of your five a day @Erica :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @clickinhistory great words and gave me something to ponder over.

LIGHT - Bonnie Tyler - Faster than the speed of Light - Bonnie Tyler - Faster Than the Speed of Night (Official Music Video) (youtube.com)

SCIENCE - Genesis - Land of confusion - Genesis - Land Of Confusion (Official Lyrics Video) (youtube.com)

It’s Easter @clickinhistory chocolate is 5 of my 5 a day!!!
I will be thinking of you all on your Walks of Life

3 Likes

Great choice of words @clickinhistory . I’ve gone with

Blinded by the Light - Bruce Springsteen version

For fun I’ve included this “Lab Rules” parody of Dua Lipa’s New Rules

Thought we were doing well by limiting ourselves to one Easter egg but my sister then sent us an Easter hamper which is full of goodies - hot cross buns, Easter egg, simnel cake, and chocolate bars - so restraint will be thrown out of the window!!

3 Likes

@CaroleCW Lab rules is a delight, have a vision of the @BloodCancerUK_Nurses doing this now.
Can your sister adopt me please :wink:
@Erica hopefully all that packaging is in the skip marked recycled :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@clickinhistory I shall have a word with the team…watch this space :wink:

4 Likes

@LauranBloodCancerUK worth a £10 donation to my fundraising page if you do this, oh this could be fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Light

‘I’m blinded by the light
Of God and truth and right’

Science

3 Likes

@BobK99 love that second track

1 Like

OK a bit late, but a week on the road is a way to think of new words while red light counting :wink:
Fruit: The Move “Blackberry Way”

Clothing: Traffic “Hole in my shoe”

1 Like

Interesting words that made me think @clickinhistory

Fruit - Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries by Judy Garland (cherries are a favourite fruit of mine)

Clothing - You Can Leave Your Hat On by Joe Cocker

Have a good weekend everyone

2 Likes