The Friday Forum Jukebox Club!

Hi there forum family,

How are we all?

For all of you music fans within our forum community, we wanted to introduce to you ……The Friday Forum Jukebox Club! :musical_note: :partying_face:

What is this we hear you ask? Well this is how it works….

Every Friday, the Support Services Team will share with you two random words.

And then we warmly welcome you to either share a YouTube link or describe a song related to one or both of those words (feel free to be as imaginative as you like :smiley:!)

We would love to hear why you pick the song/s, but there’s no pressure at all, if you’d rather just share the name of the song/s with a YouTube (you decide! :smiley:)

We all know there is a lot going on for our forum community – and through these trying, challenging times, we do hope that some light-hearted relief can go a long way for you all.

So please feel free to join the Jukebox fun!

If you’d like to take part the first two words are:

• Head

• Green

Take care and happy Friday everyone,

Warmest wishes from the Support Services Team

Su, Alice, Bav, Sophie, Rebecca & Kate

6 Likes

This is just up my street, I so love my music, both songs are from when I was young.
Head - The Shangri-Las and Leader of the Pack, 1964, it was such a different production for a song in it’s time and it brought a tear to my eyes every time I heard it.
Green - Peter Green (or Peter Allen Greenbaum) of Fleetwood Mac in their early days, 1968, and the song has to be the instrumental Albatross, it takes me to another world and is one of the songs that I want at my funeral.
I am really looking forward to hearing from others.

4 Likes

What I play when I need cheering up. Head Over Heels :slight_smile:

I’m having Abba played at my funeral too as I want people to have a good time!

3 Likes

Brilliant choice @Franko.

Hello again forum family :wave:

Hot on the heels of our first :musical_note: Friday Jukebox Club:musical_note: I bring you our second instalment - the sophomore album, if you will.

As a reminder, here’s how it works:

• Each week, the Support Services Team will share with you two random words.
  • You find a working YouTube link to a song or two that relate, however tenuously, to one or both of those words (feel free to be as imaginative as you like).
  • Share a YouTube link or describe a song related to one or both of these words in this thread.
  • Include, if you’d like, a description of why you picked the song so we appreciate it even more.
  • Listen and enjoy!

Your words this week:

• Descent
  • Lunch

We know that sometimes a light-hearted relief can go a long way. Please feel free to join us!

Take care and :man_dancing:t4: happy Friday :dancer:t4: everyone!

Warmest wishes from the Support Services Team

1 Like

Hi Everyone
My offerings are:
Descent - Eva Cassidy - Autumn Leaves - 1987 - Because I love the music and singing of Eva Cassidy and she died at 33yrs old of melanoma. Autumn leaves fall down from the trees.
Lunch - Hot chocolate - It started with a kiss - 1982 - Hot chocolate is the drink I would love with any meal, lunch included. It started with a kiss because I always sing along to it when it comes on my Walkman.
I await hearing from others.

These are very challenging words!
For descent I’m choosing Rollercoasters by Aimee Mann:

And for lunch Miss Otis Regrets by Kirsty Maccoll

1 Like

Good choices again @Franko.
Can anyone else come up with their thoughts?

1 Like

Happy Friday forum family :wave:

And as we all know, Friday can only mean one musical thing… yep that’s right… welcome again to our :musical_note: Friday Jukebox Club :musical_note: we bring you our third and fancy instalment!

As a reminder, here’s how it works:

• Each week, the Support Services Team will share with you two random words.
  • You find a working YouTube link to a song or two that relate, however tenuously, to one or both of those words (feel free to be as imaginative as you like).
  • Share a YouTube link or describe a song related to one or both of these words in this thread.
  • Include, if you’d like, a description of why you picked the song so we appreciate it even more.
  • Listen and enjoy!

Your words this week:

• Trouble
  • Neighbourhood

Let’s hear it!..

Take care and :man_dancing:t4: happy Friday :dancer:t4: everyone!

Warmest and most musical wishes from the Support Services Team

2 Likes

I have always liked Westlife and in particular their song, You Raise Me Up. It says ‘When troubles come and my heart burdened be, then I am still and wait here in the silence, until you come and sit awhile with me.’ An uplifting song in every sense of the word!! Warm wishes to everyone this Friday. Willow

2 Likes

Tough words this week. I need time to think!

1 Like

This is one of my all time favourite songs! I did have to add a ‘d’ to the word though. Is that allowed! :joy:It makes me cry every time I listen to it but I’m live the lyrics!

2 Likes

My songs are:
Trouble : Olly Murs, Troublemaker, 2012, because it reminds me of my pre Covid days and we used to dance to this in my Zumba classes.
Neighbourhood: Herman Hermits, I’m into something good, 1964, as soon as I heard this word I immediately thought of this song, it’s a catchy sing along song - Woke up this mornin’ feelin’ fine There’s somethin’ special on my mind Last night I met a new girl in the neighborhood, whoa yeah Somethin’ tells me, I’m into something good.

1 Like

Yes @Erica! I liked Hermans Hermits too. Thanks for reminding me of that song. It’s stuck in my brain now! Warm wishes. Willow

2 Likes

Hi @Willow, yes, I am singing along to it as I type this !!!

1 Like

Yes Erica! Love this one. His songs always make me smile!

2 Likes

Oh, @Nichola75 Bridge over troubled water is a true classic and I am singing along to it now, brilliant choice.

2 Likes

My choices this week. For Trouble:

Tori Amos - Trouble's Lament - YouTube Trouble’s Lament by Tori Amos

and for neighbourhood: Neighbourhood Girl by Suzanne Vega:

3 Likes

Haven’t heard that one but enjoyed listening to it!

1 Like

Ok … I love music! I’ve only just found this thread so sorry it’s late more of a Sunday Jukebox for me.
One of the things I am missing most are live gigs and festivals … but I grew up listening to John Peel, so for neighbourhood it has to be Teenage Kicks by the undertones. To quote Wikipedia
Influential [BBC Radio 1] DJ John_Peel is known to have repeatedly stated “Teenage Kicks” to be his all-time favourite song from 1978 until his death in 2004. When he first played the song on his show on 25 September, he played the song twice (something he had never previously done).[ Peel also specifically requested sections of the lyrics of the song be engraved upon his tombstone.
(I went to John Peel’s funeral in St Edmundsbury Cathedral)
Lyrics : Are teenage dreams so hard to beat?
Everytime she walks down the street
Another girl in the neighbourhood
Wish she was mine, she looks so good

Troubl’s Coming by Royal Blood is sort of appropriate with the things I am facing. But its good strong determined music from a newish band (who I would have loved to have seen live!)

I’ll make sure I’m here on time next Friday! Xx

1 Like