The Friday Forum Jukebox Club!

Both new to me @Franko, you are broadening my taste in music, thanks.

Brilliant, @ChrisCKW, yes, this is fun isn’t it. Yes, Troubl’s Coming by Royal Blood is rather appropriate, isn’t it.

1 Like

I’ve always had an eclectic taste in music. I turned my back on the charts in the 80’s and started to like darker stuff and stuff not likely to sell lots. But then I’ve always been a miserable sod :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@franko nothing wrong with the dark side of music! Better than light bubblegum! X

2 Likes

Hi @Franko and @ChrisCKW, Franco there is nothing wrong with being a miserable sod either (but I don’t think you are from what I know of you) !!!

2 Likes

Head= “ Can’t get you out of my head” by Kyle Minogue
Green= “All around my hat I wear the green willow” by Steeleye Span and Maddie Prior

1 Like

So true Kyle, I now cannot get you singing this song out of my head.
I had forgotten the Steeleye Span and Maddie Prior song till I just played it and @Blackhat I like the reference to the green hat !!!
It is also a good song for @Willow !!!
You’ve also got
Descent
Lunch
Trouble
Neighbourhood
to catch up !!!

Descent=Fear Factory
Lunch =Stella Donnelly
Trouble= Coldplay
Library Pictures = Arctic Monkeys

2 Likes

Neighbourhood =Space

1 Like

Don’t know why I put Library Pictures in, been up since 1am tired.
Or may be psychic and anticipating next word?

2 Likes

Brilliant thoughts @Blackhat

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you have been up since 1am, look after yourself @Blackhat.

1 Like

Hello again forum family :wave:

Who here has that Friday feeling?! Welcome to the :musical_note: Friday Jukebox Club :musical_note: on that musical note, may we bring you our third instalment - the sophomore album, if you will.

As a reminder, here’s how it works:

• Each week, the Support Services Team will share with you two random words.
  • You find a working YouTube link to a song or two that relate, however tenuously, to one or both of those words (feel free to be as imaginative as you like).
  • Share a YouTube link or describe a song related to one or both of these words in this thread.
  • Include, if you’d like, a description of why you picked the song so we appreciate it even more.
  • Listen and enjoy!

However plot twist! it’s slightly different this week! Following on from International Women’s Day on Monday, we want to hear your favourite songs by women , or with women in major roles – female singer, guitarist, drummer, songwriter, producer, etc etc.

Extra points if you tell us how your chosen female artist(s) or their work have inspired you, motivated you, made you feel, or just generally affected you in some way.

We know that sometimes a light-hearted relief can go a long way. Please feel free to join us!

Take care and :man_dancing:t4: happy Friday :dancer:t4: everyone!

Warmest wishes from the Support Services Team

Su, Alice, Bav, Sophie, Rebecca & Kate

2 Likes

Easy one for me today! Whitney Houston. I love every one off her songs. It was such a shame she passed at such a young age. The Greatest Love of All has always been one of my favourites. I love the lyrics - all about learning to love yourself which is so important. Hadn’t listened to it for a while but am now singing at the top of my voice whilst doing the housework! I do love this part of the week. It takes me to music I’d forgotten I loved!

1 Like

And this one - Whitney Houston and Dionne Warwick, That’s What Friends and For. Gosh, made me cry this morning as it really made me realise how much I’m missing everybody. Just love it though!

2 Likes

I will survive by Gloria Gaynor *****
99 Red Balloons by Nena

2 Likes

Just listened to it! Love it!!!

1 Like

I agree with everyone’s comments about Whitney Houston. Her voice is incredible. I also grew up with The Carpenters and just love Karen Carpenter’s amazing voice. A tragedy that we lost both these women too soon. Warm wishes. Willow

2 Likes

I am going to cheat a bit here because I am going to chose Eva Cassidy again, but Fields of Gold this time. I just love her poignant voice and it really brings to me how I should live every day to the full as she died at 33yrs old of melanoma. I also have reoccurring skin cancer, but on my head. What a loss.

1 Like

Both good choices @Nichola75 and I am singing away here too.

1 Like