The Fun (and Nerdy) Musical Guide to Shielding

Hi @Maple, welcome to the music chat (mascarading as Shielding chat)
That is a brilliant suggestion def. will add this. I only found the Little Angels version but the Quarantine sessions cannot be excluded!

1 Like

Oh, David, that was brilliant. I once did a similar thing just with Queen songs.

So hereā€™s 20 more songs to add to the list. Thanks for the fantastic suggestions, many of which have been added.

Here With Me, Dido
Splendid Isolation Little Angels / (Quarantine) [Maple]
Remember me, my friend, Blue Jays [Pisces56]
Letā€™s stick together Bryan Ferry [Pisces56]
Life is a Rollercoaster, Ronan Keating [Pisces56]
Let it Be, The Beatles [Erica]
You Canā€™t Do That, The Beatles [Erica]
Thank You For The Days , the Kinks [Blackchat]
Wild World, Cat Stevens
Music, Cat Stevens
Music, John Miles
Many Too Many, Genesis
You Canā€™t Always Get What You Want, Rolling Stones
I Donā€™t Like Monday, Boom Town Rats
I Still Havenā€™t Found What Iā€™m Looking For U2
The Trap, Main Theme
The Other Side Of Life, Moody Blues
Run For Home, Lindisfarne
One More Cup of Coffee, Bob Dylan
In My Place, Coldplay
Constant Craving, KD Laing

2 Likes

Hi @DavidAmbassador, @Pisces56, @Blackhat, @Maple this is my homage to Queen:
itā€™s a beautiful day, although rain must fall, lazing on a Sunday afternoon, party, itā€™s a kind of magic, through the lily of the valley, long away, made in heaven, and I daydream, of my dear friends, who will be friends, sheer cool crazy all dancers and all flat bottomed girls, although Iā€™m in love with my car, we get on our bicycles, itā€™s late and go on a bicycle race, thru blurred vision, to the seven seas of Rye and a seaside rendezvous we will rock you going sailing away to Brighton Rock.
In only seven days these are the days of our lives, you donā€™t fool me, Iā€™m here, save me, there must be more to life than this, what a fool Iā€™ve been, the great pretender, itā€™s a hard life, under pressure, I go crazy, stone cold crazy, feelings, feelings, blurred vision, Iā€™m going slightly mad, Radio Ga Ga, it ainā€™t easy now not leaving home, but the show must go on, donā€™t try so hard, donā€™t stop me now, donā€™t lose your head, was it all worth it, but we must show one vision, staying power, and time, but I want it all, coming soon, I want to break free, action this day and go headlong for itā€™s a kind of magic, the hammer to fall, the breakthru, the miracle.
In my defence Iā€™m doing alright, in the lap of the gods, bohemian rhapsody, thank god itā€™s Christmas, the show must go on, these are the days of our lives, driven by you a crazy little thing called love, funny how love is somebody to love, friends will be friends, dear friends, good company, letā€™s turn it on no-one but you and I, living on my own, I canā€™t live with you, you are my best friend, you and I, my life, the invisible man, love of my life, foolinā€™ around, means I want to live forever and I have been saved, let me live, heaven for everyone and another day bites the dust, hang on in there, some day, one day, headlong, spread your wings, we will rock you, we are the champions. Itā€™s a beautiful day, reprise.

2 Likes

Hi Erica, Fantastic! Well worth the utlimate acolade:

:+1:

Get your victory speech ready

1 Like

I have seen Moody Blues several times, and the Blue Jays. Last year I went to see Justin Hayward and friends. His voice is not so strong, and he sometimes forgot words. I always wanted to be one of their backing singersā€¦alas, not glamorous enough!
Joshua Radin track became my special song after I had my SCT and was making the slow road to recovery.
Congratulations to those clever enough to do song stories. @Erica @DavidAmbassador. I think we have been in isolation too long :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

shame Justinā€™s voice is not as good but we will remember him as a great performer. Yes, def in isololation too long!! :grinning: Donā€™t Stop Me now, I 'm having such a good time.
Getting Better though.

2 Likes

A little more light relief from covid-19. Yet another 26 for you, enjoy! (I will get round adding these as a list on Spotify, as it is the most accessible (though I use Apple at the moment). I think the only question is, can we get to 200 songs? I hope you are not asking, ā€œwhen will it ever end?ā€ :grinning:

Something in the Air, Thunderclap Newman

Youā€™ll Never Walk Alone, Gerry and the Pacemakers

Coming Home (theme from Local Hero), Mark Knopfler

All Right Now, Free

Should I Stay Or Should I go? The Clash

You Ainā€™t Seen Nothing Yet, Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Remember Me, Diana Ross and the Supremes

I Love My Dog, Cat Stevens

Where Do The Children Play? Cat Stevens

Smile, Lily Allen

Smile, Nat King Cole

Get Back, the Beatles

Beautiful Day, U2

Getting Better, the Beatles

Daydream Believer, the Monkees

Letā€™s Stay Together, Al Green

Daydreamer, Adele

I Have A Dream, ABBA

Rescue Me, Fontella Bass

Wonā€™t Get Fooled Again, the Who

The Turn Of A Friendly Card, Alan Parsons Project

Free As A Bird, The Beatles

Altogether Now, the Farm

Youā€™ve Got To Hide Your Love Away, the Beatles

Miracles (Someone Special), Coldplay

Things Can Only Get Better, D:ream

2 Likes

Oh, @DavidAmbassador, there are some good classicā€™s there, thanks.

Neil Finn has been sending emails with songs to his fan base as his tour has been postponed. All the band are joining in from their homes. As I have just had my letter the words from ā€œDonā€™t dream itā€™s overā€ made me giggle ā€œStay strong, stay strongā€¦thereā€™s a wall between usā€ Perhaps should be renamed the shielding song.

1 Like

Hi @Pisces56 Yes song lists have become increasingly popular as this thing has progressed. I saw one of the popular Sunday papers was featuring one, not sure which one. But the best quality one is right here of course (totally unbiased comment, or should that be fake news warning).

So itā€™s been a while, and time for another update. Got to get to that 200 before I reluctantly say goodbye to my little baby. I will re-send the final 200 and when I get there.

Before I forget, here are a few more that I just thought of:

Three Little Bridies, Bob Marley (you know, the one that tells you ā€œDonā€™t worry about a thing, every little things is going to be alirghtā€)
Stronger (What Doesnā€™t Kill You), Kelly Clarkson ā€œā€¦makes you strongerā€. I hope so, we are certainly trying to test this hypothesis.
Ramble On, Led Zepellin (Kind of appropriate for this list, in many ways).
Stayed Awake All Night, Bachman Turner Overdrive
Sleep, Texas

must be near 200 now.

1 Like

David, after the events of the last week, if it is not already on the list, Mad World, originally by Tears for Fears, but there is a smashing version on YouTube with Curt and his daughter vocals and guitars

1 Like

Nice one, definitely appropriate, itā€™s in.

2 Likes