Travel Insurance MGUS

Hi everyone. I’m new to the forum having been recently diagnosed with monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS).

I’m wondering if anyone can help with suggestions for TRAVEL INSURANCE companies that cover the condition? I’m 74 so some companies aren’t interested.

Suggestions would be really great.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @spantik,
Its lovely to have you become part of our forum. I hope you are doing okay?

I’m sure others with monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) in the forum will be able to offer to advice of shared experiences but in case it is helpful we do have some information on our webpages here which explains that we do have a partnership with travel insurer StaySure.
I also wanted to flag a previous thread around this in case it is useful for you- Travel Insurance and Blood Cancer - Living with and after blood cancer - Blood Cancer UK Online Community Forum.
Should you need to talk things through please do know that our helpline is here for you - 0808 2080 888.

Best Wishes, Lauran

1 Like

@spantik I found Insurance With very good when looking for insurance (it’s easy to do online or give them a ring, lots of questions to answer but I got a reasonably priced quote from them for an upcoming trip to Europe) ; Staysure are also often cited too but I haven’t personally used them.

1 Like

A great big welcome @spantik others have given you good thoughts, but I just wanted to welcome you to our forum and I look forward to hearing more about you.
Look after yourself and enjoy your travels

Hi @spantik

Staysure insurance were really good when we went on our cruise last Nov for my 60th. I had monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) and sarcoidosis and pulmonary fibrosis at the time and my partner has asthma.

We missed a day in port in Norway for which we were entitled to claim some compensation so the Captain advised us and provided the whole ship with a letter to confirm this.

The whole process to claim the compensation from Staysure was very quick and easy to follow and payment was immediate. Totally recommend them.

1 Like

Thank you for your ‘welcomes’ and your suggestions for insurance companies to contact re travel. Anyone got any further experience?

I’ll certainly be posting in the future and hope that I can help others as much as they can help me.

Keep positive everyone.

2 Likes

Hi @spantik ,
I’ve got monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) as well and have just booked our first foreign holiday for 4 years! I’ve just got insurance through Staysure. I quoted the BCUK15 code which gets you 15 percent off and I think they donate to Blood Cancer UK as well. I spoke to a lovely lady called Georgiana. Nothing was too much trouble and very efficient.
Hope that helps.
Alex

2 Likes

Thanks everyone that helped. I have a lot of other medical conditions and I am sorted now - with Saga.

1 Like