Update on Covid

Hi All, we don’t seem to hear much about the subject in the media and press anymore.

Are thing setting better, or worse. What is the current Hospitalisation and Death rate of Older Vulnerable people Are we still at high risk, when going out, and mixing. These are issues which I certainly want to know, and be kept currently informed on.

I would be interested in others views on this. All the best Ron.

2 Likes

Good question @Vindicatrix I will copy your post to @BloodCancerUK for you.
I await the thoughts of others.
Take care of yourself

2 Likes

Hi @Vindicatrix, thank you for your question and I do hope you’re doing okay. It’s very understandable to be wondering about this, particularly going into the winter months. If you ever wish to talk things through or need some support, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Support Team (0808 2080 888 or support@bloodcancer.org.uk).

I thought I’d share these resources, in case they’re useful to you at all. Here is the official UK government website for data on covid- England Summary | Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK (data.gov.uk). There is more information on the ONS website (including age/regional breakdowns)- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, UK - Office for National Statistics.

We appreciate it is a difficult time for many. In case it’s helpful for you, our recent Ask the Experts session was about the topic of ‘winter worries’. You can access this here- Ask the Experts: winter worries - YouTube. Members of our community and our Nurse Advisors go over issues that may affect our community this winter.

It’s understandable to wish to know about your own risk. Our covid vaccine efficacy pages may be of help here- Covid vaccine efficacy and blood cancer | Blood Cancer UK. This could be useful in conversations with your team who may be able to further support you in thinking about your own risk.

I do apologise for sending through so much information! Please do give us a call if you’d like to talk this over and we’d be happy to support you however we can.

Best wishes,
Tanya.

2 Likes

@Vindicatrix

Greetings Ron,

I asked my Respiratory consultant this very same question when I attended her clinic last Thursday.
She told me across Barts Trust she was seeing little if any Covid amongst patients - however she reported there were some awful viruses doing the rounds including influenza, aggressive colds and other respiratory illnesses, which were hospitalising some of the clinically vulnerable.

Regards Robin.

2 Likes

Very interesting @Robson yes, there does seem to be some horrible ‘bugs’ about.
Take care of yourself

Thanks for the info Robson, very helpful. That is why I like this Site, you get some really valuable stuff on it. Thanks again. Ron.

1 Like