Waiting for PET scan results

So, it’s that time of year again! PET scan done and now the dreaded 10 day wait for results. Plan is to keep busy, stay positive and hope for the best. Hard though isn’t it! Any good tips for getting through the waiting game without driving myself insane :tired_face:

3 Likes

Oh, the dreaded waiting game. I am probably the last person to give handy hints, but I think you have the right idea which is to keep busy. I find interactions with people are my best diversion, preferably best family and friends or group classes, Zumba and pilates work for me. I do like my music and an engaging project helps, also looking after myself and the odd treat. To be fair ‘have the odd treat’ is my answer to everything. Please use us as support over the next 10 days (and always) and let us know the results.

2 Likes

I think you have got the right idea, by keeping busy, seeing friends etc Hoping your results are good x

1 Like

Thank you. Keeping busy it is x

1 Like

Thanks Erica - hopefully 10 days will fly by! X

1 Like

Try having a naughty but nice treat at the end of every day to look forward too, whether it’s a glass of wine a big bar of chocolate, rubbish tv or a foot massage or preferably all at at the same time :blush::blush:

3 Likes

I like your style! I started having a lot more pain last summer, and checked with my GP if I could have massage, which he said could not hurt. I now go to a lady who lives locally for fortnightly full body massages, with oils specific to what I need that day. Although she is not expensive I felt guilty spending so much money each month (I have never been a big spender), but my daughter said that it sounded a necessity, and was not a luxury. As we have a long chat before and after treatment, and she only charges me for the 1hr massage she is also like my therapist. I think we all deserve to have those special moments. Take care xx

1 Like

Oh, Alfie, I so agree with you with all your post and I also have a mug of hot chocolate before bedtime. Take care and enjoy, you are worth it.

1 Like

Sounds like a perfect combination!

2 Likes

So PET scan results today and all is stable. Mass has stayed the same size and has the same activity. Really mixed feelings. So glad that it hasn’t grown or spread but also disappointed that I couldn’t have a go of getting rid of it! How silly is that. So, this is probably the way it’s going to be now. Little intruder inside that I need to live with x

4 Likes

Hi Nichola, thanks so much for letting us know your PET scan results and your mixed feelings about the results which I completely understand. Please let us know how you learn to live with your ‘little intruder’.

1 Like

I can imagine how confused you must feel that your intruder has stayed the same, and it is not silly that you are disappointed that you can’t have a go at getting rid of it. What is the next step for you? Best wishes

2 Likes

I will. Hope you are keeping well x

2 Likes

Just 4 monthly checks and look out for any symptoms x

3 Likes

Hello Nichola, am pleased to hear everything is stable but understand your disappointment that it’s still there. It’s something I live with myself as I have a blood cancer that always relapses, the challenge for all of us is to keep moving forward despite everything.

2 Likes

Thanks Alfie - definately a challenge!

2 Likes