250in50 Challenge

Great interview with Tom Youngs on BBC Breakfast this morning. Tom lost his wife Tiff to BC last June.
Leicester Tigers (Rugby Union) are supporting their fitness coach Will Findlay on his challenge to run 1metre for every BC patient in the UK. Thats 250,000 metres in 50 hours.
Starts Friday 17th at Mattoli Woods (Tigers) ground through to 19th.
Lets promote and support the ‘giving for Tiff’ funding for Blood Cancer research.

5 Likes

Does he have a just giving page?

1 Like

Hi
Here is the just giving link. Thanks for asking

3 Likes

Thanks for highlighting this @Iain, such a huge challenge for an incredible family. Thank you for sharing the post also, every penny can help!
Kind regards
Gemma

1 Like

Thanks Gemma,
More than happy to flag it up. In fact I consider it a duty.
Being a lifelong Tigers supporter under treatment for Waldenstroms from the Hope CancerTrial at the Leicester Royal Infirmary I’ll be claiming my one metre with money in hand and cheering him on.

4 Likes

Gemma,

Should it be supportive to those on the forum

1 Like

It was a really excellent interview, an amazing challenge that Will is attempting , and great to raise awareness of blood cancer generally

2 Likes

Will on the road targeting 5km per hour with recovery.
His target was £20000 but it stood at that when he started so its been upped, now aiming for £40000.
Go Will ! :snail::wink:

1 Like

£32k to date. Go Will go!

2 Likes

4.5 hrs to go.
£34.5k + gift aid to date.

Brilliant effort for such an important, and for us a personal cause.

1 Like

The ‘Boy’ done well!
What an effort and with such great support from Leicester Tigers clubmates, families and BCUK a true champion :trophy:

2 Likes

#BecauseofTiff
Will Findlays 250in5 challenge has raised to date £45k and rising.
Great effort and equates to very valuable lab time in BCUK :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for updating this thread @Iain, the 250 in 50 challenge is truly amazing and I saw first hand how gruelling it was for Will and the team. They are real stars making a massive difference.
Kind regards
Gemma