3 Year Remission

Today is my 3 year remission anniversary. My employers sent me a bottle of bubbly to celebrate, which was very thoughtful.

Hope all doing OK.

For the past few years, I’ve participated in Ride London to raise funds for BloodCancer UK, but I understand it’s cancelled this year. Hoping for a place on this years London Marathon instead.

4 Likes

Hi @dmquinlan, it’s good to hear from you, yes, I think 2021 will be a year of uncertainties.
How are you doing and are you able to go out to keep your fitness levels up?

Hi @Erica
I’m good thanks! Yes, able to keep up fitness. I have had a fixed trainer for my bike for a few years now, doing a few rides on Zwift platform during the week. I also got back into running towards end of November, running weekly, now up to standard 10k run - pretty much back at my “normal” time.

I need to get back into my yoga practice… I used to attend a weekly hot class in Hitchin, but hard to keep on top of everything I guess.

Strange times! Hope all on forum keeping well, physically & mentally! Hoping the vaccine roll out goes without too much hiccups!

David

2 Likes

Hi, David, your ‘normal’ sounds brilliant to me.
I am fast walking, I fractured (another) vertebrae when I tried running last year.
I am still doing my daily pilates DVD every day and I was really pleased to receive a set of weights for Christmas from my son and they were the right weights, subtle hints do work sometimes.
I forgot to say your employer is very thoughtful and I think something to celebrate.
I always celebrate my cancerversaries by having a nice meal and reflective day, unfortunately I had to cook it myself this year.
Does anyone else celebrate anniversaries?

1 Like

So thoughtful off your workplace! How are you feeling at the moment? It sounds like you have some really positive ways of getting through and keeping healthy.

1 Like

Yes, very thoughtful. I started working there 1st week of Jan last year, so didn’t make a deal of it with them at time. I only brought it up I think when it was world cancer day in February. My colleagues also sponsored the various fundraisers I did last year, the 26.2 (my wife and I did 26 Sun Salutations) and later in the summer, in place of the Ride London, I did 1000 miles on my bike in a month (my version of covering distance from Lands end to John O Groats) 1000 Miles for Blood Cancer UK Done!

3 Likes

Wow @dmquinlan i’m in awe. My fitness is terrible, more because I’m a slob than for any medical reason. However this year turns out there’ll still ways for you to use your bike to fundraise. Let us know what you do.

2 Likes

Congratulations! It’s one year for me and hoping for a few more.

2 Likes

Hi @Catcher, one year is great.
How are you doing and feeling?

Congratulations @Catcher hope you are feeling strong!

2 Likes

Will do! If I don’t get official place on any event, I’ll think of something!

2 Likes