Anti virals on cruise ship

I have just had another conversation with cruise line customer services. I have been asking for some time if they will have covid anti virals on board for our cruise in February. Up until today the answer had been no but today i was told they would have a limited amount in the medical centre on board. She asked me what condition i had to qualify to have them and made a note of it so its looking good.

4 Likes

Oh @ilivesunshine I know this has been an issue for you and it appears that you definitely got a positive response today.
I hope this can give you more peace of mind so you can enjoy your very long awaited cruise.
Look after yourself

2 Likes

Hi @ilivesunshine,
I hope you are doing okay? Thank you so much for keeping us all updated on this.
It is really great to be able to understand what may be available for some passengers on a cruise ship with certain liners. It also sounds like a process may be somewhat developing, so it would be great to understand more if and when you do find out the finer details.

Should you wish to talk anything through, as always our support service team are on hand 7 days- Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK.

Best Wishes, Lauran

3 Likes

I will keep you posted if i find any more information. It may be helpful for anyone considering a cruise.

2 Likes

Thank you. I have been celebrating recovering from having covid a bit too enthusiastically recently. Out dancing, husband tripped me up and injured my wrist as i fell. Just got the splint off last week.

1 Like

Oh @ilivesunshine I was so jealous at the thought of you getting your husband to go dancing, then I read about your partnership mishap and your injured wrist and felt my husband and I might both have 2 left feet.
Look after yourself and no more tangoing.

Can I ask which cruise line this is? We always go with Celebrity but they told me they only have them on a few cruises, and only going to Alaska - presumably because they don’t have any big hospitals in that state. We really want to do a cruise again!

1 Like

Sorry for late reply. Only just seen your post. We are going with Fred Olsen. Not sure if all their cruises will have them. Interesting to hear it may fepend on destination. I do know Cunard also have them. I hope you can get back to cruising soon. We enjoyed our cruise with no ports last summer and felt very safe. Not sure how the next one will go but having survived the covid we caught in Cyprus in June i am slighty reassured my body will cope if i catch it again.

3 Likes

Thank you for coming back to me. Disappointing that it’s not our cruise line - but hopefully eventually it will be! Hope you have a fantastic cruise x

1 Like

That is encouraging as i am off on a cruise with Fred Olsen in November. Felt very safe last year with a UK cruise with them. Everyone was tested before getting on board then which i assume will not be the case this time but i may check anti virral position before we go just so i know.

1 Like