Our world cruise

The day is fast approaching for our departure. I must admit i am getting a little nervous. When we booked it almost 2 years ago we thought covid would have gone but it still around. I had jab number 7 three weeks ago and i have checked that the ship will have a supply of anti virals on board if i am unlucky enough to catch it.

If anyone would like to follow our voyage i am intending to write a blog, time and internet permitting.

7 Likes

I remember you so looking forward to this cruise and booking it 2 yrs ago. @ilivesunshine
It sounds as if you have taken all reasonable precautions and you know what precautions you need to take so just go and have the brilliant time you deserve.
Thanks for the link

3 Likes

Have a great time…dont let fear dictate.

If you do encounter any problems worry about them as they happen

Have a great time and just take one day at a time👍

4 Likes

Oh susan, sounds fantastic and looking forward to following your cruise journey……love the advice from leefer . Don’t let fear dictate !! ……have a fantastic time :grinning::sunglasses::grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the replies

2 Likes

Enjoy every minute of it!! And tell us all about it in detail so we can dream alongside your adventures. Safe travels @ilivesunshine x

2 Likes

Have a lovely, lovely time @ilivesunshine! X

2 Likes

Have a wonderful time! Just do what you feel comfortable with. I can’t wait to hear all
about it X

2 Likes

How wonderful @ilivesunshine :ship: :parasol_on_ground: :sunny: :ocean: I hope you have a fabulous time!

Yes do please post your blog.

I think it’s really normal to feel a bit apprehensive but it sounds as if you have put wise precautions in place. I hope that the fun, the experiences you will have and the memories you will make will far surpass this feeling of nerves just now. Have the BEST time!

3 Likes

I cruised before christmas and 2 days before we returned we were informed we had been in contact with a positive covid case. We were told to stay in our cabin and were given rapid tests to do. Both of use were negative. the following day i came down with cold symptoms and they sent someone to my cabin and they did a pcr test. Results within an hour and all negative, it was just a cold. I was very impressed with the speed of action and the care taken so I hope this re assures you that cruise lines are being careful.
Have a lovely trip

5 Likes

Hi @ilivesunshine , wishing you happy hols.

Helen

2 Likes

Chrispy, that’s really good to know. Do you mind sharing which cruise line you used as I would like to book for the summer and want to use a responsible company. I’m so glad you got your cruise and had a great time :grinning:

2 Likes

How did you get seven virus vaccinations?

1 Like

hi @Catpat . I sailed to Morocco with Fred Olsen. Passengers are definitely older than some lines but everyone was lovely.

3 Likes

Aw thank you, I have never been with Fred Olsen but will have a look……:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was wondering the same as i want to start travelling again by plane but I’m a bit anxious - a 7th jab would put me more at ease

1 Like

Hope you have a fabulous time - i did a 114 night world cruise in 2016 and it really was the voyage of a lifetime. Not sure i would have the courage to go away for that long again following my diagnosis of Polycythaemia vera (PV) , as still on regular blood tests but its early days in the treatment stakes so never say never. Look forward to following your blog and reliving some of the fascinating ports of call. Wishing you calm seas and great weather.

2 Likes

We have just arrived at our first port, Lisbon. We are cruising on Fred Omsen Bolearis. This is my blog if you would like to follow our journey

4 Likes

Have a fantastic trip. Lisbon is a wonderful city

2 Likes

Sounds amazing! Enjoy X

2 Likes