Autumn Booster 2023

Can anyone reply to me who is in the vulnerable housebound groups who have or have not had Autumn Booster, if you have had your Autumn Booster when did you have it?

My current scenario is that I have been told my Dctrs Surgery has no practice nurse and they are looking for a "temporary substitute ", to come to my home and give me it. I was made aware that it would infact come from my surgery.
What I find infuriating is that local chemists can arrange and administer vaccines anyway therefore if my surgery currently has no practice nurse why is my vaccine not being arranged via local chemist anyway?
Currently I am waiting for a call from practice manager…
Can anyone share a similar scenario?
@Erica @Alice_BloodCancerUK @TanyaBloodCancerUK @LauranBloodCancerUK
Further to my post how is the housebound vaccine scenario organised. Do surgery take responsibility if offered and then say to themselves “Thats a few bob extra”, we’ll say nothing about having no nurse because we’ll have one by then for housebound groups "? How is it all organised?
If I got sick of waiting for my local surgery to find a solution, could I force the issue & demand to be put on local chemist list?
I look forward to hearing from you
From your biggest fan :grin:

1 Like

Hi @anon06
I gave non hodgkins lymphoma and had my 8th covid vaccine a couple of weeks ago. I booked online and was done at my local pharmacy with no problems.
Kind Regards
Mandi

2 Likes

Thanks I am surprised you had to do that, because I am assuming you are obviously in the vulnerable groups. Well done for getting it and having the courage to go out and get it.

1 Like

Hi @anon06,
I hope you’re doing okay?
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your GP practice in organising your next booster.
We understand that for patients who are housebound, policies will be created locally by each GP practice. Therefore it should be discussed with them to arrange the next best steps. I hope your call back from the practice manager goes well.

Best Wishes, Lauran

3 Likes

I pray that it does as this is a scenario affecting millions thanks

1 Like

I actually got a text from the NHS @anon06 to book my 8th Covid vaccine via the NHS website.
Then in the same text it said to book my flu to contact my GP surgery or local pharmacy or contact 119.
However I realise I live in a different NHS area and qualified as being vulnerable and my age.
My husband qualified on his age too and has had both vaccines. He could have had them at his GP surgery or pharmacist.
I also realise that you need a home visit which might be a problem if this temporary substitute has to do practice appointments, seasonal vaccinations and home visits.
So I have responded, but I am not a similar scenario.
i hope you get your call from your practice manager.
Please do let us know how you get on and really look after yourself

We never wait for our GP surgery to get in contact as they are useless at arranging & not even sure they are doing them this year, we always book online & go to local pharmacy or vaccination centre.

2 Likes