Vaccines delay housebound patients

Does anybody know the prices to get Autumn Booster and Flue Jab privately.
My surgery got vaccines, but did not have a nurse, now they get frailty nurse, but say they need more vaccines. I am told Friday or next week? I’m demented with Nhs and as last resort would consider private option depending on the costs. @Alice_BloodCancerUK @Erica @LauranBloodCancerUK @BloodCancerUK
Of course I respect the nhs and blame government for problems

1 Like

Hi @anon06, I’ll speak to our Policy team and see if we can get some info around this.

2 Likes

Thanks, because its a national dilemma in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

Hi @anon06, the covid vaccine isn’t available privately at the moment but there are some discussions around it potentially being available privately in 2024. We will of course continue to monitor this. Hopefully you will hear from your surgery soon about when you can have it. Otherwise you could look at the National Booking system to see if you could have it elsewhere, although I appreciate you may have to travel further. Please do give us a call if you want to talk things through.

1 Like

Hi @anon06. I got mine done at a pharmacy. Is this something you would consider?

1 Like

Thanks for both replies I am not holding my breath on my surgery and unfortunately because Im housebound and have no car, ie safe environment to travel in, its not possible. It’s not ideal of course having to pay, but depending on the costs it may be worth it if they visit your home and you weigh up the costs of potential taxi fairs that you would of paid anyway.

2 Likes

Keep us posted on how you are doing. I hope it all gets sorted soon :blush:

2 Likes

@anon06 you have already had good responses, please do let us know how you get on.
I really hope it get resolved for you.
Be kind to yourself

2 Likes

Thanks Erica, it just irritates me. Consider this as a sentence(s) though
“Surgery gets vaccines but had no nurse to administer them”.Surgery gets frailty nurse, but needs more vaccines ":thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: Even If it was in a Carry On Film, people would say far fetched

1 Like

Oh, @anon06 those Carry on Films were classics, hopefully of their time!!!

1 Like

Yes little did I know when I first seen them (aged 47 now) they were effectively looking at the future… As stated I’m not blaming the NHS for these type of problems, I’m blaming the Government. Regardless of who’s to blame though its the public who suffers.

Last night I watched a programme were a audience of mixed political views unanimously agreed that the Government got it right over the vaccine roll out (the only thing ). I beg to differ… They are clueless