Bloods normal/abnormal

MGUS!
It’s really hard to process for myself anyway ,at lower end of MGUS,however they have creept up again.
IGG lambda
Awaiting mri results for lumber region.
Paraprotein up by 1g/l
Low IGM
Low red blood cells.
Normal wotch and wait!
That phrase Abnormal but as Expected.
Those people who can’t just box up “ wotch and wait “ (me) got next 3-5-10 years of
What I call “ Day after Day Anxiety wait “

2 Likes

Hi @Kevin1 I have been on ‘watch and wait’ (active monitoring) for 18 yrs, yes, the anxiety does get a bit easier, but I still get anxious before, during and after my routine tests and blood tests.
My emotions have been on high alert since diagnosis.
I now have decided that I want to make the most of every day and not spend it worrying about what hasn’t happened and might or might not happen, but it has taken me time.
Be kind to yourself

2 Likes

Hi @Kevin1
I can really feel for you. I have MGUS igG lambda as well and on watch and wait. Still low risk but like you my pp has been rising gently since diagnosis. I’m still getting my head around things and trying to get into my head that nothing is the same now and that I can’t plan too far ahead, which is difficult as I am a serious ‘planner’…
I’m coming up to my next blood tests at the end of the month and can feel my anxiety beginning to build already. I’m so thankful I can be part of this forum to voice my concerns and get a little support as I think it’s difficult for friends and family to understand just how it feels to have it hanging over us every few months. Hang in there, you are not alone. Look after yourself and let us know how you are doing.
Sending a virtual hug.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you’re dealing with this. Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS) is a condition where abnormal plasma cells produce a protein called monoclonal protein, or M protein. MGUS is typically asymptomatic and does not require immediate treatment. However, it’s important to monitor the levels of M protein and other blood markers over time to watch for any changes that could indicate progression to multiple myeloma or another plasma cell disorder.

It’s understandable that the “watch and wait” approach can be anxiety-provoking. It may help to focus on the fact that your doctors are monitoring your condition closely and will take action if necessary. In the meantime, there are things you can do to support your overall health, such as eating a balanced diet, getting regular exercise, and managing stress.

It’s important to stay in close communication with your healthcare team and to ask any questions you may have. They can provide you with more information about your specific case and can help you develop a plan for managing your condition and any associated anxiety.

Hi @George364 welcome to posting on our forum, you obviously have a lot of knowledge and I wonder if you also have MGUS?
I look forward to hearing more about you and how are you doing.
Take care of yourself