Bone Pain

Hello everyone, I have had MGUS IGA Kappa light chain for nearly 7 years now! Before I start i should tell you that i have many other issues shall we say e.g fibromyalgia oesteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, just too name a few so i’m familiar will bone pain, or the feeling like it. the past few weeks i noticed my left arm the humerus near the elbow was swollen and was hot and sore too touch i thought i bump it but couldn’t remember doing so, anyway i got on with things and just ignored it, but the past few days in the same place it’s hot to touch looks red and i keep getting bone pain in the exact place it’s deep inside feels like the bone, it comes and goes, i’m probably worrying about nothing especially as my blood app is around the corner and i should also get test results for other tests done jak2 and braca gene, so i no it’s playing on my mind, do anyone have any info on bone pain, what’s it like when it first starts that would be helpful thanks

2 Likes

Hi @chelle151 great to hear from you but sorry to hear about your bone pain.
I will copy this to @GemmaBloodCancerUK for you.
I cannot help you but I am glad that you have tests and blood appointment round the corner. The ideal opportunity to talk it through.
As you describe we are complex beings and it is so difficult to attribute a symptom to a cause or not sometimes
I always get anxious before tests, results and all medical appointments.
I am not surprised it is playing on your mind.
I like diversion tactics and the Blood Cancer UK mediations on their website, they do help me a little bit.
Spoiling myself helps, I am worth it !!!
Look after yourself and be kind to yourself and please let us know how you get on.

2 Likes

Thank you Erica, for responding so quickly, your so right bout attributing a symptom to something else, i do this alot, plus i’m hypochondriac which does not help. thank you and i will let you no my results.

2 Likes

Hi @chelle151. It’s good to hear from you. I’m probably the wrong person to answer as every time I get a pain or ache I think it’s something to do with my lymphoma. I think sometimes, our brain just jumps to worse case scenario.
I’m glad you have an appointment close by otherwise I would probably say to contact your team to put your mind at rest.
Please do let us know how you get on :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Nichola, thanks for replying, i’m the same every ache i think wot can that be although with me and all my stuff it could be any of 3 or 4. I will let you no my results thanks so much.

3 Likes

Hello@chelle151,I was diagnosed with MGUS IGg Kappa in 2020 so hi to another" MGUS person "and reading your post I wouldnt say you were a"hypochondriac"I think with all your other health issues that you are justified in being concerned and isnt it good that the forum is here for support and as @Erica and @Nichola75 have expressed their support and experiences.I am wondering :thinking: if the symptoms you are describing are a flare up of your osteoarthritis, if so can you get your GP to have a look as the redness is a sign of inlammation and if its not going away ,I would myself have it cheeked as I have osteoarthritis too.If I am sore I use an ice pack, voltarol,rest /splint ,also Versus Arthritis web site and support line are very good at helping with exercise ,treatments,advice if you wanted to check with them .Thats good that your blood tests are soon ,Ive got mine next week so Im distracting myself,(trying hard),is yiur

2 Likes

Sorry @chelle151,my message flipped, was asking is your MGUS test due then ?.
I hope that you’re going to have a good day .
All the best
Bannanacake

2 Likes

Hi Bannanacake my test results are 14th June phone app and your prob right about my arthritus and my arm thing has gone now lol, i got pain in my left lower leg feels like in the bone too, if i didn’t laugh i’d cry. good luck with your results let me no how they go, take care Michelle :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @chelle151 yes, I wake up every morning and check myself over to see what is functioning or not and aching and paining !!!
Please let us know how your 14th June appointment goes.
Look after yourself

1 Like

Hi@chelle151 ,i’m glad to hear that your arm has settled down ,osteoarthritis has a way of flaring up and causing all sorts of mayhem,ive been a bit disgruntled this week because my r hand I use a lot for textiles /knitting /textiles has been letting me know so I’ve been sat with a bag of peas on it lol,it helps. Yes ill be getting my results soonish and I will probably wonder why I get so worked up ,always the way .Good luck with your appointment too and I hope you’re more comfortable.
Bannanacake

2 Likes

Hi Banancake,

thanks for your kinds words, i hope everything goes well with your results, knitting my daughter is in to all that she’s really good too, but even the thought of picking up knitting needles makes my hands stiffen, just as well as i’m rubbish at knitting, I knot don’t knit as my Mum used to say too me. My results are 15th this month i’m trying not too think bout it. My poor husband gets used as a guinea pig for new recipies bout this time it takes my mind off it. Thanks Take Care :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi@chelle151,thats good you can take your mind off your blood tests. After all of hyping myself up the paraprotein

is still on the rise but minimally,just enough to let me know its still active .Last year it rocketed up so now I can "put it to bed"till August.Honestly doesnt matter how you try not to :worried: so it is good to have a diversion and its great yours is cooking your Husband will be happy I think .Im also back at the hydro pool which I love and got some exercises through from versus arthritis ,they are good and the main thing is to keep moving to keep the muscles strong,so im back on the hand exercises again now that my flare up has settled and also ordered a stronger splint for when im lifting things.Its funny that your Mum said that but maybe it put you off ,but great your Daughters a knitter.
Ill look out for you after your results.I hope your inflammations are behaving! Take care too @chelle151
Bannanacake

1 Like

Hi @chelle151 I have been thinking about you and how did the phone appointment on the 14th June go?
Take care of yourself

2 Likes

Hi, I’m embarrassed to say that i got the months mixed up the results are 14th July LOL! I mixed up my cat’s operation app too and took the cat in the basket hobbled into vets and they said it’s next month. My head has been all over the place lately, I have good news tho my daughter came home for a week I haven’t seen her in almost 4 years, it was great to see her and hug her i missed her smell I’m so weird, but i don’t care… My Baby Came Home!! I think I’m still on a LEAH High, (that’s her name). I hope everyone is ok and if not i hope they feel better real soon love Michelle xx

2 Likes

Hi @chelle151 you never have to be embarrassed on here, I won’t go into some of things I do, I would not even trust myself to look after a cat !!!
How absolutely lovely and very special to have your daughter home for a week after 4 yrs, that maternal instinct is always there.
I look forward to hearing from you after 14 July !!!
Look after yourself.

I’m glad it’s not just me. I’m known as ‘Mrs Datelexic’ st work. I’m not allowed to be in charge of any date setting and have to get every letter I wrote checked :joy:
How amazing that reunion must have been. So happy for you! How long do you get to keep her for? X

1 Like

Leah stayed for a week, she’s back in South Korea now, dealing with their extreme heat, it’s way worse than our weather. I will hopefully see her next June, unless we get another Pandemic! We face time on a weekly basis, occasionally watch a film together, so i shouldn’t complain, too much anyways, but she’s my only baby, except my fur babies of course :smile:

2 Likes

I think we can all relate to a bit of forgetfulness @chelle151 , I hope your cat forgives you for putting it through the trauma of a vet visit twice! Hope you had a great time with your daughter and good luck with the results when you get them.

2 Likes

Yes she’s a very forgiving fur baby, and yes i had a great time with my daughter, i just hope it won’t be as long before i see her next time. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @chelle151 I have been thinking about you, did you get your results on the 14th or have I got the month wrong !!!
Look after yourself

1 Like