Diagnosed with mgus June this year

Hi @Agnes39 how are you doing now?
Look after yourself

2 Likes

Hello Erica, I’m fine thank you so much for asking. How are you doing?

The repeat bloods at 5 months( a month earlier due to being symptomatic) showed a raise of paraprotein from 6 to 7.

It came as kind of a blow honestly. But the consultant was really chilled about it and said that he wouldn’t worry about it at all and treatment only starts once it’s at 20. Now he said that so casually but it came as another shock and I said to him, for me 20 is not that far from 7 is it.

He said he’s going to push Stanmore for my intramuscular lipoma surgery(I’m on a waiting list since September ) According to him it might be the case that once the lipoma is removed the paraprotein levels are going to go down.
He said any kind of inflammation in the body could lead to increased lymphocytes and consequently paraproteins.

It’s been two weeks now and I have not heard anything from Stanmore. I’m not sure if I can myself call them up and ask where I am on the waiting list.

I

2 Likes

Hi @Agnes39 isn’t it difficult to work out logically, but in proportion if 7 is near 20 or not !!!
Yes, a lot of factors can raise our blood test results, we are very special, complex beings.
What have you got to lose by ringing Stanmore and asking where your appointment is and where you are on the list. I believe in the pleasantly assertive approach.
Please let us know how you get on and look after yourself.

2 Likes