FCR side effects

Hi I have had my first round chemo tablets and hardly any side effects.
But the infusion was going okay until it was speeded up then the pain in my hips became unbearable.
I took paracetamol to kill the pain but when this wore off the pain was back and i was reduced to tears went back into hospital.
Has anyone had this as a side effect as the doctor said or could it be a shock to my body and to quickly infused???

1 Like

Hi, I cannot help you medically but any pain that reduces you to tears sounds horrendous. This community forum is here to support you or if you feel the need to talk to someone the Bloodwise support line is free from UK landlines and mobile phones on 0808 2080 888 and they are available to take your call Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm and on Wednesdays from 10am-1pm, but you can get in touch whenever you want and leave a message and they say they will get back to you within one working day. All I would say is perhaps if it continues you might consider talking to your CNS (if you have one) or your medical team. Take care of yourself and have the odd treats, perhaps your body has had a shock.

Hi @Coxy one of the Bloodwise ambassadors has written Try Cllsa on HealthUnlocked plenty will have experience of FCR. I hope this helps

2 Likes

Hi @Coxy that sounds really challenging for you Iā€™m sorry to hear you found it so painful. I hope some others who have had FCR may be able to share their experience, but when you have your next dose let the nurse know it was painful for you when the infusion was sped up and see what they can do to keep this at a minimum - this might be keeping it slowly infusing or any analgesia that might also help. I hope the rest of your treatment goes well, if you would like to talk anything through you can contact our support services on 0808 2080 888 Mon-Fri 10am-4pm (Weds 10am-1pm) or via email support@bloodwise.org.uk. Take care Adrian

2 Likes

Thank you Erica I am seeing my consultant this week

1 Like

Thank you DawnBloodwise I am seeing my consultant this week

2 Likes