Hair Loss Today

Ah … the joys of football! If you’re not a fan then being out when Ingurrland are playing means you get almost everywhere to yourself. It was so beautiful at the garden, tranquil and peaceful; and the weather was very lovely.
I haven’t had my hair trimmed or highlighted since lockdown. I’ve been snipping at my fringe so I didn’t need windscreen wipers to see, but I’d have loved somewhere like your caring hairdresser @Lyn99.
And I agree, the forum is like having good friends you just haven’t met yet. And the best of friends support you, cheer you, and make you laugh…. It’s good to have @Lyn99 @Erica @Nichola75 (and @cyprusfan whom I haven’t actually said hi to directly - so hi :wave:t2:) as part of a rebel gang - fighting to counter the heavy weather of blood cancer.
I’m feeling tired today. sometimes I wake in the night and then struggle to get back to sleep but I’ll dip on here and there’s often something to lift my mood. (Even if it’s only smiling at the thought of my two ‘adopted’ cats).
Enjoy your day everyone xxxx

2 Likes

And a very big ‘Hi’ back to you! Rebel gang, I think I like it! :blush:

3 Likes

Hi Lyn
I know exactly how you feel about losing your hair at 58. It happened so quickly and there was very little time to process it all. I couldn’t imagine wearing a wig so before mine fell out I got it cut short and made a hairpiece which I could wear under hats and scarves. Much cooler and totally comfy, and above all it was my hair so I looked like me. I put together a website with the intention of making them for others but then lost interest as my treatment got worse. Now I’m out the other side and have a head of wavy soft hair again. And now I’d be very happy to make hairpieces for others as I know how helpful it was to make me feel normal. If anyone is interested please take a look at lastinglocks.co.uk. It’s totally non commercial and all I ask is a donation to any cancer charity of choice.

6 Likes

Hi @MountainGirl what a great, very generous, charitable idea and you are looking good in both photos if I may say so, thanks for posting.

Hi @MountainGirl that’s a brilliant idea and you look great in those photos. So pleased you have come out the other side. My original hair has been bagged and binned now! I’m getting used to the wigs but I think there may be a few people that will take you up on your offer and that’s fantastic to do this for charitable donations. :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

@MountainGirl Just had a look at your website, it really is excellent xx

2 Likes

What a wonderful thing to do! X

2 Likes

Hi. Virtual hugs to you. Everybody has different issues regarding our individual cancer journey.
There is a magnificent booklet called…Look Good Feel Good…
: Managing Hair Loss during and after cancer treatment:
It deals with the issues you are facing and lots more. I.E make up tips,Eric (for men &women)
Here is the website…

Email: info@ lgfb.co.uk
Tele: 01372 747500
Have a look and see if it helps you.
Regards.

3 Likes

Hi @Cazzie - great to hear from you! That’s looks really great. How have you been keeping?

3 Likes

Thanks @Cazzie for this handy link, how are you doing?

1 Like

Hi @ChrisCKW hope you are ok. I know you said you were tired the other day so get that well earned rest. Just thought you might like to see your distance adopted cats, Damson and Mr Sharkey, they send their love and they they dont need to Brave the Shave to support us as they are already sporting the lovely bald look :smiley_cat: xx

4 Likes

@ChrisCKW @Erica @Nichola75 @Cazzie @cyprusfan @MountainGirl To all the gang

, Mortimer felt a bit left out and wanted to send you his best smile for Friday, have a good one and Take Care of Yourselves (he’s beautiful on the inside!) :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi @Lyn99, @ChrisCKW @Cazzie @MountainGirl @cyprusfan @Nichola75 Damson, Mr Sharkey and Mortimer, I can only just look after myself let alone be responsible for a pet.

3 Likes

How could you not love that face!

3 Likes

Love the photos @Lyn99, andthe loving from a pet is just perfect
I am tired, my blood levels were low, but I’m hoping to scrape through before I need a transfusion. Eating extra healthily, and trying to get walks in.
Thought of a couple of tracks for Friday Jukebox … great word suggestions Erica :+1:t3:
Xxxx

3 Likes

Take lots of special care of yourself @ChrisCKW

2 Likes

@ChrisCKW Hope those blood levels go up otherwise it will be time for those :duck::duck::poop::poop: words and we know how naughty that is on the forum. Look after yourself xxx

2 Likes

Hi @ChrisCKW Hope all is well with you. Just to let you know I had a call from my transplant nurse today and I’m now being admitted to hospital on the 2nd August for the stem cell transplant, so same as you!! Are you ok? I’m starting to get a tad nervous now, suddenly seems very close…xx

2 Likes

Gosh - I bet you are. The 2nd august will come around so quickly. Sending lots of love x

3 Likes

Wow, @Lyn99 the reality really sets in and the unknown is scary.
You and @ChrisCKW will definitely be comparing notes.
We and the support line will be there for you and @ChrisCKW.

2 Likes