Help Hosting a 'Tea with the Girls'

Hi All, a friend of mine is very kindly holding a ‘Tea with the Girls’ Bloodwise fundraiser in September. Any advice, handy hints, bewares etc. would be really appreciated?

2 Likes

Hello @Erica!

This is my first full week working with Bloodwise. I did some research and located on our website is a intuitive guide on the Tea with the Girls,’ fundraiser.

Our website includes various information regarding the event. Our social media pages recommended bringing some friends to join along.

If you need anymore help feel free to get in touch!

Hi Josh, thanks, I have ordered the ‘Tea with the Girls’ Pack and I agree ‘many hands make light work’.
By the way I am listening to Smooth radio as I type this. It’s good to know you are there and you seem to be hitting the road running, take care.

1 Like

Hello @Erica,

Good luck with the fundraiser!

Hi Erica
I held a Tea with the Girls in May this year, it was my first time doing something like this and ended up being a success… phew! I had mine at a local venue as I soon realised I would have too many people to fit into my little house! Is your friend having it at home? It depends how big she wants it to be? Let me know and I can pass on some tips!

Regards Anna

1 Like

Thanks Anna, she has held a Macmillan coffee morning before and it worked well in her house because of it’s layout and the friends she invited came for an hour or so over a 4 hr period. We are keeping it to about 60 people.

1 Like

Ahh ok, so really you have it sorted!! Have you thought about adding a little raffle to boost funds and this would mean those who can’t make it could buy tickets? Also guess the weight of the cake?? My friend did a lovely one for me! IMG_3054
Also my dad played the flute as background music which went down very well and added to the atmosphere!!

What do you think?

1 Like

I fail the first test, I haven’t got a musical relative.
I could bury myself in that cake, it looks so scrummy.
We have allocated a most of the catering and a lot of people coming are Chinese and vegetarian Asians. My friend loves having groups of friends round for a meal and helps with catering at her church.
We are doing a red and white theme so the table should look good, bright and appealing.
I will think about the idea of the raffle, thanks so much.

2 Likes

Sounds like you both have it under control!!

1 Like

Hi,
MrsQ Hosted a “Tea with the Girls (not just for Girls)” in May. We made so many cakes we had some left over to sell at my place of work the next day…

Enjoy your event!.

David

2 Likes

Hello @dmquinlan,

Some of the cakes look great! It looked like an amazing day. When you both organized it, was the preparation quite difficult?

Hi Mr and Mrs Q, thanks for your post and photo, I am really looking forward to helping host a Tea with The Girls in September and I hope our cakes will look as scrummy as yours. You raised a brilliant amount of money that will help Bloodwise fund more trials and research,

1 Like

Hi Joshua,
Not really, we’d planned ahead and made and froze what we could. We did have to work to squeeze everyone in and have enough seating / eating area. Helped it was a very hot day so everyone hung out in the garden.

David.

2 Likes

@dmquinlan,

that sounds like such an excellent idea and it sounds like it was a fantastic day.

@Erica how was your tea with the girls last month?

@AnnaMam would you consider doing another one?

1 Like

Hi Josh, my Tea with the Girls went really brilliantly, my friend was an absolute star and had over 60 people in her house during a 4 hr period and we raised £516 for Bloodwise. It was surprising how many people ended up knowing each other and also knew someone with a blood cancer. Lots of the Bloodwise small leaflets went. Also nearly all the savouries, sandwiches and cakes we made were eaten. My friend had borrowed a catering tea pot which really made a difference. We kept to the Bloodwise red and white colour theme which looked great and professional. However we were all ‘good exhausted and fatigued’ afterwards.

2 Likes

Hello @Erica,

That sounds amazing and such a huge crowd that turned up for it! Did you end up taking many pictures of the event? I would love to see on here. How many desserts did you end up making?

1 Like

Hi Josh, unfortunately we did not take any more photos than the one I posted on Facebook. The reason being was people started turning up early so I managed to get someone to take the one quick photo of my lovely host friend, but I was kept busy registering people and collecting money and the other key players were on refreshments and meeting and greeting etc., we never stopped as people arrived throughout the 4hrs. I made the ham sandwiches and we all had our roles (not rolls!!!). I didn’t even get a chance to eat anything, it was like being on a rollercoaster.

1 Like

@Erica,

It sounded like a really busy day then. Would you consider doing it again next year?

1 Like

My friend does a ‘Tea with the Girls’ type event every 2 yrs for a different charity every time, she is very wise and I support her. I think fundraising is very difficult as I do not think it is fair to ask the same people too often. As you know I am not a natural fundraiser, not dealing with stress and energy wise aside. Being a digital ambassador is what I love.

1 Like

@Erica we love having you hear as well. It sounds like your friend is quite organised with the tea with the girls events. Sounds a bit stressful doing it every 2 years and picking another charity.

1 Like