How do we cope

Hi @summer123 I think words really cut through me and hurt more than anything, especially when they are out of character, and even more so when you are a loving, devoted and loyal carer.
I know it is only a very small consolation, but perhaps think of it as the illness and not your husband talking.
Those scones and clotted cream sound mouth watering, enjoy them sitting in the sunshine. Jam or cream on the bottom ???

1 Like

Thatā€™s really tough @summer123. Iā€™m sure itā€™s the medication but that doesnā€™t make it any easier to hear. Iā€™m glad you can have a day in the garden. Might be what you both need x

1 Like

Hi @summer123 you are really on my mind and sending loving thoughts, how are you both doing?
Be ever so kind to yourselves

Thank you @Erica, he is doing much better. They have reduced his steroids as the side effects were not helping him. So in the last 3 days he says his mind much clearer and he feels calmer. He is still very weak on his left side but now I have persuaded him to use sticks he walks a bit more confidently. He is sleeping better on less steroids aswell so I am able to rest more.
We are still planning to go go Cromer on Saturday, it maybe just be for a few day as I have said I will see how he is. A good friend is coming with us to help out. I think he will be happy seeing the sea and eating fish and chips on the pier one last time. Also my daughter is bringing our 2 year old granddaughter for a day or maybe two so he can play on the beach with her for the first time.
I am very apprehensive but in a way looking forward to it just hope it goes well.
Thank you for thinking of me, I will let you know how we get on.

3 Likes

I hope you have the most amazing time. Iā€™ll be smiling thinking of you by the sea X

2 Likes

I am glad your husband feels slightly better on the reduced steroids @summer123 and that he and you are both able to get more sleep which I think is so important.
I hope your Cromer plans work well and how lovely that you have a good friend coming to help out, that is a true friend.
Also how wonderful that your daughter and granddaughter are coming down too. a 2 yr old is the best tonic ever.
Being by the sea and having fish and chips is truly magical.
Enjoy yourselves and get some wonderful sea air.

2 Likes

I am glad effects have eased for your husband with a little more rest for you both. I will be so thinking of you on Saturday in Cromer very special time and you have help and support to achieve it - I think it will be treasured time for all the family. Well done

3 Likes

Thinking of you and your OH with those fish and chips this weekend. Making special memories and enjoying the company of your precious family is so important. Have a wonderful time.
With love Debbie x

3 Likes

Oh summer thinking of you and hoping all goes well for you in Cromer xx

2 Likes

Have a good time in Cromer @summer123 . I always head to the sea when I want to put my troubles to one side and relax a bit. Hope itā€™s lovely for you.

2 Likes

No trips planned @Franko?

1 Like

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes. We saw husbands Consultant this morning and he said he is OK to go tomorrow . He topped us up with plenty of steroids and gave instructions on what circumstances to give a small daily increase or one off large dose followed by a number of days of a larger dose. Although if this happens we will come home. We have some family on stand by to come to Cromer if needed so sure we will be ok.
So just have to finish packing and load car up and we will be off in the morning. Just hope the weather is fine.

5 Likes

Wishing you a good and treasured weekend x

1 Like

All the very best for your trip to Cromer, @summer123. I do hope you and your husband have a special weekend. Warm wishes, Tanya.

1 Like

Have a lovely time away xx

1 Like

You sound as organised as you can be @summer123, time to finish that packing and loading the car.
Have a wonderful very special time in Cromer

Enjoy this special time X

1 Like

Hope you have a beaituful time, @summer123. X

2 Likes

Been thinking about you and your family @Summertime. Couldnā€™t remember when you were back? Hope you had/are having a wonderful time X

1 Like

Hope you had or are having a lovely time, not sure when you were going xx

1 Like