How to keep fundraising for Blood Cancer UK and find sponsorship…

How to keep fundraising for Blood Cancer UK and find sponsorship is a question I have often asked myself and just been raised by @dmquinlan.
I have a very small family who I have already approached for sponsorship.
Friends and I have agreed not to ask each other for sponsorship.
I do not have contacts with businesses etc,
Lastly, I am absolutely useless in approaching and asking people for sponsorship.
Has anyone any ideas please?

1 Like

@Erica it is a nightmare being up against the hoovers, otherwise known as the Big Four charities, who can spend more in promotions and salaries than most firms with international budgets.
My friend is a CEO of a small charity which punches way above its weight and finding money is now the majority of her weekly work.
For Blood Cancer UK, the Just Giving page is really easy to set up, shameless plug alert :wink:
Walk of Light Newcastle
As for approaching people, money is tight as is time, I just started on social media, which was a way in to let people know that I have cancer, family and friends have donated, but I just ask that they share it and thank them when the pennies fall out of their pockets.
Local news outlets are sometimes a good way to get your story out there, the personal touch the readers heart strings story.
Remember that small business will sometimes donate more than big companies, even if they struggle to afford it. That is partly down to larger companies having set budgets and having associated causes that suit their employees or culture.
Sometimes just being cheeky helps.
Practice your story and Blood Cancer UK’s story, so you can tell people in a few lines or words and leave them space to ask you questions.
Good luck

1 Like

What about ?
Recipe book: Compile family-favourite recipes into a digital cookbook and sell it to raise funds.
Offer your services picking litter - they do this on a beach we stay at. For every full bag we get a bottle of wine , for every full bag a donation to your charity- gather pledges or donations for each bag of litter collected, encourage community involvement while raising funds for a good cause.

1 Like

Is blood cancer a charity you can choose to donate too when paying via PayPal?
When I set up the charity I wanted to donate too I hadn’t heard of blood cancer uk so never looked.
Each time I pay via PayPal I donate a £1 to that charity

If blood cancer uk are on the list perhaps you could invite friends to add it to their PayPal account

2 Likes

Good thought @2DB and I will copy your post to @BloodCancerUK-SupportTeam to ask them.
The saying used to be ‘every penny counts’, perhaps in today’s terms it should be ‘every £1 counts’.

2 Likes