Is my lab results indicating multiple myeloma

IFE interpretation says: faint IGA kappa monoclonal band present.

Hi, I am a 30 yr old female. I had abnormal lab test last week and will like an opinion if it’s indicating that I have multiple myeloma, I am afraid to have it. Please any advice. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Krystalee08 a great big welcome to our forum, I think that the unknown and waiting is so scary.
We would not be able to give you a medical diagnosis and your medical team take so many considerations into account and know your whole medical history before making a diagnosis.
I take it that you are waiting for an appointment, I have found once I entered the medical world (that spoke a different language to me) there is a lot of waiting for appointments, tests and result.
However this does give you the opportunity to write down your questions, fears an practicalities.
You might also write down any symptoms you might have, their severity and impact on your life
A little word of advice from one that has been there try and stop ‘Goggling’ if you are and this is even more difficult try and divert your mind by doing some nice things to stop your mind whizzing around with the 'what if’s and ‘what might be’s’ etc.
Be kind to yourself because as I said before the waiting and not knowing are horrible.
Please let us know how you get on.

4 Likes

Hi Krystalee,
Erica is correct, don’t do too much internet searching and definitely write down questions. However, perhaps read some of the info provided regarding monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS)). The immunofixation will give more info too.
So take one thing at a time, okay? It’s easier said than done.
Please keep us posted.
Elizabeth :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Hello there @Krystalee08
Thank you for posting. It is understandable that you want answers and opinions around your blood tests. I would urge you to contact the Health Care Professional that requested the blood tests as it is their responsibility to report any findings and relay the plan going forward.
We are here if you should need to talk: Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK
Kind regards
Gemma

2 Likes